The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would it be worth?

Guest bennyessex

Guest bennyessex

My car has been an ongoing project for almost 6 months. The last few bits to do now are the carbon bonnet and TT conversion. I aim to have a pretty standard lump with BPU some gauges etc nothing to mad.

Its been fully resprayed to a nice standard, has alot of reciepts inc brand new 20" wheels, and I have renewed most of the worn old parts. Its been retrimmed in an off white leather. Has a DVD player and a tidy sound system (not chavvy)

Its a 1994 on 80,000miles.

Once its turbo'd and finished what will it be worth? Im just wondering wether the turbo conversion adds substantial value? As an NA-T seems to be not much more then a good Na???

If you're planning on selling it, I would save your money and not bother with the modifications, I'd personally not by a NA-TT converted car, if I wanted a TT I would but a genuine TT.

Although they may appeal to some, other things such as the 20 inch wheels and cf bonnet would also put me off.

Ben, the above maybe be correct but also another thing correct is some Essex lads do like the 20" wheels and the whole bodykit so could work in your favour. Wheels are pretty easy to change around but bodykits are not.

I think you would see more of a return if you sold it without the TT lump, costs etc.

Unless you find yourself a very very cheap TT engine etc to put in.

Guest bennyessex

I dont think the kit will put people off... Well no everyone because 90% of the regualr posters on here have kitted cars. And I personally feel though my car is modifyed its all been done tastefully. I know everyone shuns 20s but my car is fine with them and as I have said its easy to change wheels over.

I wasnt nessecarily going to TT the car just to sell it. I just thought its a sizebale chunk to spend if the cars going to be worth less then say £7000 after?