The mkiv Supra Owners Club

axel stands

jackso11

I have searched this a few times without a total conclusion.

If you have axel stands and the boot jack, is there anyway to get the car off the ground? you can't use the standard jack points to position the axel stands because the jack is there. I know it would be best to use a trolley jack inthe middle of the car (front and rear) and putting axel stands under all the jack points but I don't have one.

I dont want to end up crushing anything (mainly me) by putting them in a place they shouldn't go, so where is ok (other than the jack points as indicated by toyota) to place the axel stands?

OK i'll help as i work on my car with only the stock jack and axel stands too. If using the stock jack i just place the jack further along the sill and put the axel stand on the jacking point, the stock jack has a bit cut out so you don't damage the sill.

I do most of my work on my car at my dads house, as he has a double garage, and he has a trolley jack. But I changed the oil the other day and didn't put the washer back on the sump plug....as I lost it somehow in a 1m square area?!

So I bought a new one, and am going to atempt to get the plug out, washer on, and plug back in again...without getting 5L of new oil all over the place. I don't have a trolley jack here but have my axel stands but am a bit unsure as to where on the axel I can put them. If I was at my dads I would use his jack and then the jack points for the axel stands.

also, oil is slightly over filled so don't want to wait until I have driven up to lincolnshire from london to take a bit of oil out.

Anyone got a photo of where you can put a stand on th axel?

Edit:

Thanks Robert.

will give that a go, just didn't want to cause damage by not jacking on the correct point.

If you need a hand let me know as we are both in London. I rarely use a trolley jack but my method seems to work and i'll be using it again this week to remove my exhaust. The jacking points are right at the end of each sill so just come in a bit and jack there car up there and then place the axel stand on the jacking point and bob's your uncle. My axel stand also have the same cut out as the jack as to not flatten the sills.

haha, well it was using the search button on here that made me think I was wrong in the first place for using 'Axle' and changed to axel....so maybe I am not retarded, just gullible :p

If you say banana really slowly it sounds like gullible!

Try it!