The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eric deleted his threads on Supraforums?

Miguel

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently along the same lines but not enough to get himself banned. As stated Eric seems to be updating on here.

Off the Subject a bit, there's a guy called 'Chris Peterson' who has a quote in his sig from JamieP. He does get around.

I took it down on SF because the people of SF are jerkoffs. But I didn't take it down from here, however, because the UK crowd seems a bit more civilized. Yes the car is for sale. If it sells then good, and if it doesn't, I'll pack it away for a while. I can promise that no one will see the car for a decade.

Eric

I can promise that no one will see the car for a decade.

That would be a shame to see it stored away after so much time and effort has gone into it.

If it sells, I hope it goes to a good home, if not I hope you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor

I think people would be more affected if you gave it to a complete loser that people don't like very much - seeing them drive such a nice machine would cut them up.

May I volunteer? ;)

AHahahaa.. for 45000GBP, it's yours. :) The issue I take with SF is no matter what sort of power the car ulitmately makes, no matter how many videos of the car, there's always going to be two types of people. The bashers and ass kissers. I really don't have the will to tolerate either. There's just nothing in it.

Eric

i think 90% of the hating comes down to the lack of power for such a build after expecting huge numbers :shrug:

Edit to this. To date the car has one tune at a low pressure, so the power is in the range of being normal for 8psi. If we had ramped it up to 22 psi and nothing happend I'd be a bit more concerned but of course that's not the case. Even if this car made massive amounts of power, I wouldn't share at this point.

Edited by cowboy bebop (see edit history)

AHahahaa.. for 45000GBP, it's yours. :) The issue I take with SF is no matter what sort of power the car ulitmately makes, no matter how many videos of the car, there's always going to be two types of people. The bashers and ass kissers. I really don't have the will to tolerate either. There's just nothing in it.

Eric

Ive noticed that on a few american forums. Must be an american thing. lol There doesnt seem to be much middle ground. A bit like youtube comments. its ether "great video! thats the best thing ive ever seen!" or "you wasted 10 seconds of my life. you suck. i'll **** you **** ******** -insert random racism- **** *****"

dont understand it tbh. lol

The issue I take with SF is no matter what sort of power the car ulitmately makes, no matter how many videos of the car, there's always going to be two types of people. The bashers and ass kissers. I really don't have the will to tolerate either. There's just nothing in it.

Eric

You could apply that to nearly every internet forum there is. You just have to have thick skin. Quite a lot of it is jealousy and the fact you can vent this from behind the anonymity of a keyboard. A lot of it happens when the OP brags wild unsubstantial claims that can't be backed up or doesn't achieve what he/she set out to do. Gawd knows there's been enough people on here eating humble pie.

Yeah, I've been on those forums for ~8 years now and even made a business out of it. The auto business is that like no other, for better or worse.

I'll give you the root of the problem. It's not the HP, that's fine for the lower boost it's set at right now. While the members would like to see the car make power, they want more of it and immediately. In that way I think the members attempt to manipulate. No, they're accusation was that the motor overheats. No matter how many times I say that it doesn't, post a video, etc, that accusation is still repeated. I take the car out for hour long cruises through town for goodness sakes, but that's apparently still not good enough.

I've come the the realization that no matter what is said, what is done etc., it'll never be enough. So.. instead of playing their game, I choose to turn my back on it. That's really the long and short of it. Eventually I'll tune the car for high boost, but I promise that it won't be presented there.

Bottom line Eric, that car is a stunner. You could stick a 2l pinto under the hood and people would still love it.

You have a diversity of members across the forums, irrespective of their affiliation with the supra, we all have different tastes and motives (check my sig :D ). I got recently slated just for putting a bodykit on mine. MattH gets slated for.................well, just about everything :D

Thats just the way people are though dude, I bet half the people commenting on your build threads don't even know where the sump plug is.

Don't hide her away from us mate, irrespective of HP output, you get mucho respect from me just for achieving what you have :thumbs: