The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Car meet, Fareham, Mon 26th

Elliot

This is on next Monday. (26th April) around 7.30pm

It wont be a massive meet, but there will be a few nice Jap cars there - Me (!), a few GTOs, Skyline, Civic, GT4, EVO etc

I think the plan is just meet up for a while & check out the cars, then go for a 'blast'! I went to it last year & it was good fun - the cars were nice & people were friendly.

I think I was the only car without a turbo of some sort, so would be nice to see a TT or two down there, or just another NA so I'm not lonely!! :)

The only problem is that the intial meeting place is next to a McD's, so hopefully the 'Kevs' (apologies to anyone called Kev!) don't start doing donuts in their Novas & Fiestas etc!

If anyone is up for it, it's initially in LIDLs car park on Newgate Lane, around 7.30

If you need directions just head into Fareham Central from the motorway & turn up the A32 towards Gosport. This is a dual carriageway, you stay in the right hand lane on this (WATCH THE SPEED CAMERA!) & it eventually goes over a bridge. Stay on this road, then just AFTER the 2nd roundabout turn left, then left again & Lidls is on your right.

I'll post again on Monday to confirm this - anyone up for it?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No DB, it's around 20 minutes drive from there (towards Portsmouth) If you know where Fareham is, it's a 2 minute drive from the Town Centre.

I'm only going to pop along for an hour or so, as I have 3 MASSIVE assignments to be in by 4pm on Tuesday & I haven't started any of them yet!

My assignments aren't going well either (1 down, 2 to go by Tuesday!), but it's only a 2 minute drive for me so I'm going to go down for an hour.

As I've been hecticly trying to do these assignments, the Supe is totally filthy so will need to give it a good wash first on Monday. I've been driving it around with the roof off, which is great, but it's embarressing as there's so much dirt on it.

I haven't shaved for over a week either and to say I look like a tramp at the moment is a bit of an understatement! People must think I live in my car or something & can't afford a razor or car wash!

Good stuff. I'm going to clean the car in a while for tonight. I'll phone the guy a bit later to double-check it's still on. Then I'll confirm it on here again.

What time you guys going down there? I'll leave here at 7.30 & get there around 7.35 I suppose

Looks like 3 Supras & 1 MR2 - Supra' are going to look well common!

Hope it's still sunny & I'll have the roof off :cool:

It's £15 extra for polish, but it takes a while and I don't know if my laptop battery will last that long (every minute counts until 4pm tomorrow, so I'm going to be doing my work while they wash it!)

I've just got a text fom the Steve (the guy sorting this meet out) it is definately (I can never spell that word) on, so.............

7.30 TONIGHT!!!

Lidl's carpark, next to McDonalds on Newgate Lane (directions at beginning of thread)

Who's up for it then? Looks like

1. Elliot (me - black NA aerotop)

2. Mawby (black TT)

3. Genna (MR2)

4. Suprachris (Silver ??) Very loud? I'm looking forward to it! Is it decatted NUR spec or what?

ANYONE ELSE COMING!? I want to see the Skyline, Evo & GTO get whupped! There wasn't any racing last time, just a spirited drive!

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Red and mettalic black

Saw how smooth mine looked and couldn't resist the metallic black eh?;)

Even though, I still haven't finished mine!!

Elliott - I will be there in my Supe if I come. If i don't the Skyline may go anyway, he seems quite up for it!