The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats a good place to get a battery from for my supe

Paul372

Hi, i brought a new battery for my supe just under two years ago and lately its been getting weaker and weaker, i used the car yesterday and today the battery hasn't got enough guts in it to turn the car over but still has power in it so i think it has a dead cell. I brought it from dartford tyres so i phone them up and asked what the warranty on there batteries was and its three years so i throught wicked i'll just get it change but they wont change it unless i have the receipt which i can't find anywhere. I used them regularly and explained that they will have the purchess i made on their computer has they take your reg number when you make a purchess but he wouldn't have any of it. I also think they sold me the wrong battery for my supe has it is abit on the small size compared to the one i had on there so do you guys know whats a good battery for my tt supe and where to get one from has i cant find that bloodly receipt thanks

get a RIPPLE test done on the charging system of you're car to make sure its not the alternator damaging the battery cells, 2 years for a battery seems like a poor show.

Yep 2 years is rubbish, my last battery on the supra from Mr T did just under 8 years hence i'll keep using theirs :)

I brought it from dartford tyres

I wouldn't use them anyway.

A few weeks ago, I asked them to put two brand new tyres on my motor, and a week later the MOT certificate came back giving me an advisory on one of the "new" tyres, because there was only 2mm tread.

I took the tyre back to them, with receipt, and was told that as I couldn't prove which tyres I'd asked them to replace, they would not be held responsible.

Utterly ludicrous.

I wouldn't use them anyway.

A few weeks ago, I asked them to put two brand new tyres on my motor, and a week later the MOT certificate came back giving me an advisory on one of the "new" tyres, because there was only 2mm tread.

I took the tyre back to them, with receipt, and was told that as I couldn't prove which tyres I'd asked them to replace, they would not be held responsible.

Utterly ludicrous.

This place sounds like somewhere to avoid at all costs, how do these places stay in business ?

This place sounds like somewhere to avoid at all costs, how do these places stay in business ?

To look at it, you wouldn't even consider taking a tired 18-yr old daily runner there, let alone a performance motor like a Supra; it's tiny, grubby, and looks like the Chaos Theory contained in a building the size of a newsagent.

But they are forever busy and have a good reputation for being remarkably on the ball and providing good service. Open all week, no booking required, straight in, straight out, etc.

Obviously Paul372 has suffered somewhat at their hands, as have I, so I'd imagine that we will be no respecters of their reputation from now on.

get a RIPPLE test done on the charging system of you're car to make sure its not the alternator damaging the battery cells, 2 years for a battery seems like a poor show.

i think they sold me the wrong battery for my car its alway struggle starting the car and its well small compared to the old battery i had and it dont even fill the standard battery tray and the battery clamp just about clamps it thats how small it is but they insisted it was the right one when i questioned them, i might go up there after work in the week and have it out with them face to face

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bump this thread as i didnt want to start another one!! :)

I need a new battery and i know Halfords do one and i have searched and now got the code for that one, however i would like to know if anybody has the product code for a Toyota battery as i phoned my local Toyota and they were about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe!!!

They told me because its Jap they cant search for a part number so i said type in JZA80 and it came up with 7 different options but they dont know what one would be suitable for my car!!!:blink:

So if anybody could help it would be much appreciated as Halfords want £83 and AFAIK Mr T want approx £65 :)

just got one myself from halfords, just go in and ask behind the counter. Or look in the little flip book thingy they have in all the stores they only hav two batterys listed for the supra in the book you cant get it wrong.

ive got a trade card which knocked the price of mine down to £45 i think so it might be worth asking any one you know that might have a halfords trade card you can borrow as you get 40% discount on batterys.

i just bought 3 new wipers to ranging from £8-£12 but got the lot for £8.20p on trade.

the joys of knowing someone that works there.

gav