The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Day - Central Scotland (Performance HQ, Dalgety Bay, Fife) - POSTPONED***

tDR

As per the title:

What: Dyno Day, jointly with the Nissan 200SX Owners Club (http://www.sxoc.com/vbb)

Where: Performance HQ (Previously known as Dastek)

When: TBA on a new thread when date confirmed. Starting Early AM

Price: £30 (2-3 runs back to back, AFR & Boost monitored along with BHP / Torque measured and graph printout given)

Deposit: £15 - NON REFUNDABLE - to be paid by Paypal directly to the SXOC Paypal account, address of which to be confirmed. The deposit is to allow the day to go ahead regardless of no shows - past experience shows many people put their names down then don't show on the day or pull out at the last minute which puts the whole day in danger of being canned as the Dyno operator needs to turn a profit.

Full address:

Performance HQ Garage Services: 16 Ridge Way, Hillend Business Park, Dalgety Bay, Fife, KY11 9JN.

Have spoken with PHQ, they anticipate their new Mainline Dyno (auto friendly) to be in by this date and after following speaking with guys from SXOC (this will be a joint day to get the required numbers), the start of April is the preferred time for people to have their cars ready.

Stick your name down below along with some info, including whether Auto or Manual as the RR places like to know what's coming ahead of the day:

0. Examplenamehere - '97 Supra TT Auto

1. tDR - '09 Alfa Romeo 159 Ti 2.4 JTDm Manual

Cheers,

Brian.

*** UPDATED 02/02/10 - To reflect dyno decided upon with provisional date and information on required deposit ***

*** UPDATED 30/03/10 - To reflect date not yet confirmed, likely to be a Saturday in April***

*** UPDATED 24/04/10 - Thread closed due to further delay - new thread to be made when date confirmed***

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill start the list, its only 2 mins down the road so I dont have much excuse!

1. brucie-bonus - 97 TT vvti manual - 340bhp ish I guess

Im not much fussy about the day, I work both but i can call in a couple favours and get whatever day off with a couple weeks notice.

I'd like to hear your opinion on hypertech brian, I had my car RR there a while ago, it seemed somewhat eratic on the results of each car.. It was a range of cars, not just supras.. Have you had much experiance with them?

We lined up Hypertech previously and a bunch of us went but then they found their dyno wasn't working when they tried to run a car - said their software was updated the night before and hadn't been tried since so they needed to get the guy that sets it up back before it would work again. Disappointing on the day but they were sure Autos weren't a problem which is what us lot really need.

Havent seen any results from there but know it's a Dyno Dynamics so it should be comparable with the Surrey Rolling Road (club benchmark) results if we get them to run the dyno in the same mode - shootout something or other, Ryan G has mentioned it before so can find out.

Anyone know if Dastek have done any autos lately?

Have put the date back a week, now the 14th. Needs to be a Saturday as nowhere seems to do Sundays.

Cheers,

Brian.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure whats happening with this, but Im gonna have to pull out, just out of hospital after surgery and im not allowed to drive for 6 weeks:(

However, if it still goes ahead I may be able to convince my dad to drive me down, not quite his cup of tea mind you but Ill give it a shot.

Need 20 runners so we're miles off - would like to see 10 Supras down before going to sxoc for 10 200SX's.

We're close date wise so no doubt will only get a further away date if phoning to book now.

Let's see if 10 runners here stick their names down for December, have updated thread to reflect this and will stick my name down.

Cheers,

Brian.

Right that's the thread updated and have created a new list with only me on it because of the date change so please amend and repost the list as I do below to update it and I will keep the 1st post up to date to reflect it:

---

0. Examplenamehere - '97 Supra TT Auto

1. tDR - '09 Alfa Romeo 159 Ti 2.4 JTDm Manual

• 1 month later...