The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help with tein superstreets

Rob_Mitchell

hey guys i need help adjusting my coilovers they are brand new tein superstreets but instructions are not helpful, Can someone confirm that when adjusting coilovers that by moving the lower plate upwards you are compressing the spring therefore making the car sit lower.

the rears are sitting too low and hitting the tyre on bumps and some corners

many thanks:(

Pretty sure the tein's don't work that way. Only way i remember to adjust the height was to compress the spring.

Thats the main reason i didn't go for them.

http://image.turbomagazine.com/f/12197286+w750+st0/turp_0812_41_z+subaru_wrx_sti_buyers_guide+tein_super_street_coilovers.jpg

I have TEINs (no idea which model) fitted to mine - but mine do have a seat as well as the spring rate. The insructions that come with them suggest that whatever you do, don't fiddle with the spring rate unless you really have to and know what you're doing and that you'll equalise all 4 once you've started making adjustments: I'm not convinced that can be done with them fitted to the car.

I have TEINs (no idea which model) fitted to mine - but mine do have a seat as well as the spring rate. The insructions that come with them suggest that whatever you do, don't fiddle with the spring rate unless you really have to and know what you're doing and that you'll equalise all 4 once you've started making adjustments: I'm not convinced that can be done with them fitted to the car.

That'll be the flex model. Much better springs.

http://www.advancespeedshop.com/images/tein_flex_coilovers.jpg

Scott M is right, that is the only way to adjust super street's, it however will alter the preload, so make sure you adjust each one the same number of turns.

There is nothing wrong with changing preload, but you should never need to change it by much if the suspension is supplied correct for the car, the spring rate should be correct anyway, and the ride hight should also be correct.

yeah brand new mate, its just so simple but confusing the rears are just too low and we have noticed a slight ring appear to the n/s/r tyre obviously been touching on bumps or whilst cornering mate.. i only need to adjust the rears up a tad, so do i do this by whinding the lock seat upwards so it compresses the spring or do i go the otherway???