The mkiv Supra Owners Club

price differences........

uncle kev

Hi all,

Iv been looking ou the autothader web site and seen some strange prices.

Eg.

P reg N/A auto with 35,000km standard car for £8,995

L reg N/A auto with 62,000km standard car for £8,995

how come you could pick a much newer, less milage car for the same price????

Obviously depending on the condition of the car, but to me thats a huge difference in car for the same price!

are these prices just plucked out of the air by the traders ??

Also , how rare are manual aerotop N/A's ???

cheers

kev.....

the prices are all over the place............

parkers guide is not really in touch with the supra market and understates the value......

most traders know this and therefore set there own (market/margin based i spose) prices. However some traders pickup sup's at parkers 'trade' money and sell on for parkers 'A1' money which is still low in the current market.......

private sellers can sometimes put there cars up at parkers type money too without realising the 'true' market worth of it....

Don't completely write off the cheap ones and don't assume the expensive ones will necessarily be the best.......go take a look at'em......

BTW i've never seen a Manual aerotop in the flesh, only read of them being available.......

fear not young Faye..............you need to check out the multimedia section to see what its going to be replaced with......lets just say i too should soon be turning up to meets topless, however i can't see me attracting the same level of attention as you!:D

Originally posted by Scooter

fear not young Faye..............you need to check out the multimedia section to see what its going to be replaced with......lets just say i too should soon be turning up to meets topless, however i can't see me attracting the same level of attention as you!:D

Looks nice Scooter!!

Whats the spec and asking price?

not sure if you've misquoted or not? but the blue one is the one soon to be for sale......... its a non turbo 6 speed manual SR-Z, no frills re toys, but LSD and REAS suspension, 57,000 miles nice ICE (optional).......not decided on price as of yet as i may be needing it for a few weeks......but ball park £10K if i'm lucky i reckon?

Was hoping for a TT, but might be starting a job in a month’s time and will be racking up some miles, so a N/A to me seems as best choice as the cars going to have to be as reliable as possible.

Should be finding out about the new job in a few days so I might be in contacted if you’re selling

Originally posted by DET

Was hoping for a TT, but might be starting a job in a month’s time and will be racking up some miles, so a N/A to me seems as best choice as the cars going to have to be as reliable as possible.

Should be finding out about the new job in a few days so I might be in contacted if you’re selling

feel free to contact me and you can have a go in it if you like and see what you think. Its is genuinely a very good driving car, no turbo 'kick' but nippy as Faye says.......

Originally posted by DET

If I’m going to get a N/A I think this one’s top the wanted list.

Have you got any time for this car (0-60 & ¼ mile)?

I have some santa pod timing slips for my old (stock) TT (4) and the SZ-R (don't worry i only managed the one run in this one!) there is approx 1.5 secs between the two.

Reply to scooter:-

i cant open the link to your car as my computer is playing up and i cant open links.

any chance you could post a pic on here so i can see it ??

also can you give me some info on it as i will be in a position to buy soon.

im un decided on what model to buy but will be making my mind up soon as MR Boost has kindly offered to take me out in his and some others.