The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got my Supra!

foggy147

After months of searching finally got my first supra last night after a 380 mile round joruney!!!

Bought the car of gill the blue 1998 aerotop that was for sale in the classified. Going to post some new pics up in the next few days hopefully.

Also how much would it cost to convert the front light surroundings to new ones as they are quite yellow and would look alot nicer if they were just completely clear.

Cheers

well done mate - well worth the drive hom eh?!

get some pics up lively! :cool:

As for the lights, you can try using T-cut or G3 to polish all the crap off them...if that doesnt work you can either get them re-furbed for about £100, or search for some UK glass ones (about £250) :)

would you beable to use any t cut on them?would try that first and hope they come up ok. definately going to get some pics up soon, probably wont be till weekend after ive given it a damn good clean before I take pics, seems like a really nice car*touch wood*auto box feels very smooth etc so lets hope ive picked a good one!!

After months of searching finally got my first supra last night after a 380 mile round joruney!!!

Bought the car of gill the blue 1998 aerotop that was for sale in the classified. Going to post some new pics up in the next few days hopefully.

Also how much would it cost to convert the front light surroundings to new ones as they are quite yellow and would look alot nicer if they were just completely clear.

Cheers

As it's a facelift car it already has the new style lights on it. They just need cleaning up. They'll probably need cleaning up inside though - put 'em in the oven to soften up the sealant.

Edited by carl0s (see edit history)

would you beable to use any t cut on them?would try that first and hope they come up ok. definately going to get some pics up soon, probably wont be till weekend after ive given it a damn good clean before I take pics, seems like a really nice car*touch wood*auto box feels very smooth etc so lets hope ive picked a good one!!

Congratulations supra owner ;)....and yep ...t-cut worked for me , but i only done the outside ..:)

Kurt

There is a history of threads of new owners reporting this............its 99.9% just condensation and absolutely nothing to worry about.........just keep an eye on your coolant (expansion bottle in front of the rad cap - rad will/should always be full) and oil levels, which you should be doing with the new car anyway :)

Its fine ;):D

car finaly clean.getting some new door speakers.any tips on how to modernise the dash a bit

:) There are "kits" on ebay that you can buy to stick onto your dash panels lots of different colours ( see my garage ) etc etc or you can just take your panels off and take to felt type covering off with white spirit or something similar and then leave black or spray what ever colour you like

are you coming on the pancake run tomorrow ? you can see other supes for idea,s and have a dam good drive followed by an excellent pancake at the end :D see the northwest events section for details

Cheers

-Ian-