_Lynz_

Which date for the NW Christmas Do  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which date for the NW Christmas Do

• Friday 4th December
    • Saturday 5th December
    • Friday 11th December
    • Saturday 12th December

RIGHT FOLKS DATE PICKED SATURDAY 5TH DECEMBER 2009 AT 7.00 PM - THIS IS NOW CLOSED

Right folks we need to organise our christmas do for this year.

Firstly we need a date so I have put up 4 options. This poll will only be open for 1 week then we will go with the majority. Once this is decided we will decide on a venue.

If people can put up ideas for venues and links / prices too over this week and then I can check availability.

Thanks

Lynz

Edited by _Lynz_ (see edit history)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VENUE

Ok so far I have found:

Miller and Carter - Wigan (need to double check price and whether we can book for over 8 people:rolleyes:)

Park Hall Hotel - Chorley

Xmas Cabaret nights - £29.95 per person

Medival xmas banquet - £48.95 per person :blink:

Xmas in vegas - £35.95 per person

This is the link http://www.parkhall-hotel.co.uk/Christmas-parties-north-west.aspx

Could do with some places in preston and warrington if anyone has any recommendations :)

Alternatively we could go to the christmas markets in manchester and get something to eat afterwards.

Edited by _Lynz_ (see edit history)

Or is Matt talking about the one 3 years ago at Mascrat :p;)?

lol :D to be fair that was a good meal, those water pistols went down a treat! :lol:

Last year was South Preston just at the end of the M65, I didn't make it (no really :tongue:) so I don't know which one it was.

I can't remember whether is was 1 or 2 years ago, but Bigcol was there and we were up stairs in a nice barn type building.

I can't remember whether is was 1 or 2 years ago, but Bigcol was there and we were up stairs in a nice barn type building.

Yeah that was the owls at standish I will get details for there too :)

Lynz - loving the sig, is Sted going add his time to his sig :innocent:

Thats from last year that one, was hoping for a better time this year but no such luck :(

You'll be in bother when he reads this :eyebrows:

PS get your date picked for this mrs we want you there supra or no supra :)

Last year was the Walton Fox and TBH it was good :) I still fancy the Wiggin tree if you can sort it Lynz cause its good food there :) and the service isn't to bad :innocent::D

I will find out *still haven't cause i'm rubbish* but I'm pretty sure it should be ok.

The festive fayre menu at the pub is £18.95 per head but I think we would have the choice of the normal menu too.

I will ring them later today and will get a copy of the menu and scan that in too.

As said before though if anyone has any other ideas please let me know :)

German markets would be a cool idea, perhaps in addition to a meal. Funds and time are both short at the moment though :(

The only problem I can see with this is that parking in the centre of manchester for possibly 10+ supra's isn't going to be easy, also it isn't going to be cheap:blink:

But don't worry about time and funds.... it's only October you've 2 whole months to find both ;)

Right well the poll was a draw so I'm just going to have to pick a date :blink:

Now I have the following options, as no one has come up with anything warrington or preston way they are all round the wigan area.

FIRST CHOICE - MILLER AND CARTER (AKA THE WIGGIN TREE)

We would have the choice of either the normal menu and the Festive Fayre menu both can be found here:http://www.millerandcarter.co.uk/thewiggintreeparbold/food/

The festive fayre menu is £18.95 per head and I would need £5 per person deposit and the rest to be paid on the evening.

SECOND CHOICE - THE OWLS AT STANDISH

I have just spoken to them and they are sending out the xmas menu, but lets face it they're all pretty much the same :D

They will have 2 offers on in December the first is the Xmas Fayre menu (the one i'm waiting for) this will be £9.95 for three courses.

The other option is if you buy a main course off the A'la Carte menu you get a starter and a dessert free, so basically the cost of this would just be price of the main course that you chose.

THIRD CHOICE - PARK HALL HOTEL AT CHARNOCK RICHARD

MEDIEVAL CHRISTMAS BANQUET MENU £ 48.95 per person

Menu details can be found here - http://www.parkhall-hotel.co.uk/page.aspx?page_id=28

STAR STUDDED CHRISTMAS CABARET 5TH DEC £39.95 per person 12TH DEC £44.95 per person

The menu is not on the internet but is as follows:

• Carousel of two melons with fresh exotic fruits and a sharp orange and Grand Marnier coulis
  • Winter vegetable and sherry broth with herb crouton
  • Succulent roasted cheshire turkey served with thyme and raisin seasoning, chipolatas, cranberry sauce and natural pan gravy, with battoned carrot and swede, buttered brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes
  • VEGETARIAN OPTION Roasted peppers filled with vegetable cous cous and minted yoghurt or Penne pasta with wild woodland mushrooms, sage and garlic in a light cream sauce
  • Winter Berry cheesecake with rich raspberry coulis dusted with powdered sugar or piping hot plum pudding drenched in finest rum and smothered by creamy rum sauce
  • Warm mince pies and freshly brewed coffee

CHRISTMAS IN VEGAS £35.95 per person

The menu isn't on the internet again but it's the soup as above, the turkey and vegetarian options as above and the deserts and mince pies as above.

Right folks well thats it.

I will update this post with the Owl's menu when I get it.

Opinions please but we need to make a decision within the next week I feel :)

PS please can a mod sticky this thread for me please

Done :)

Great work BTW :thumbs: I vote for your place TBH cause the food is really nice there and a good atmosphere :) Plus its really easy to get too!

Thanks oh wonderful yellow one :D

I quite like it but i'm a bit biased...yeah just off the M6 doesn't get much easier :)

Thanks oh wonderful yellow one :D

I quite like it but i'm a bit biased...yeah just off the M6 doesn't get much easier :)

LOL your welcome :)

Yeah your place is top! took Anna the other week for a meal and it was really nice! I'm sure Xmas dinner would be equally as good :) Just make sure you get the night off ;) :)

I have updated the first post with the date of the do which is now Saturday 5th December at 7.00pm.

The reason I picked this date is that as you get towards the middle of December people start getting busy with works do's and family commitments.

Keep voting for a location people, so far the Wiggin Tree has it :)