The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Peoples Geo Settings

T2 MSW

Please can people Post their Geo settings up for 18" wheels. May have the chance to get a setup done this weekend but need the settings to take with me.

Was planning on getting it down to Chris @ Gravity to get it corner weighted at some point but thats not going to happen quickly.

Need some idea of setup so dont rip through the r888 in 3 seconds flat.

I may be very much mistaken, but I don't think wheel size will matter that much TBH Mike. It'll affect how much side wall 'squidge' you get, but other than that toe/caster/camber/etc are still the same artefacts you'll want to look at and get set-up. Don't forget that one individual's settings may work for them but not suit your driving style & needs: my car is currently set up to just understeer when pushed (stock is setup to understeer lots), but when I go back I'll have it a bit more neutral as I think I know a little more about what what I'm doing behind the wheel now. ;)

Im just after a base to work from really, can then get it correctly done at a later date when ive got more experience in the car and know what I want from it. Riight now ive not really pushed it so dont know how it handles, could not say right now if is understears is tail happy or what.

Was too scared about the brakes and the rears locking but confident Martin and I sorted that out last week when we got out a massive airlock on the brakes.

I just told Chris at CG what I didn't like about its handling when I bought it, what I'd be using it for, what I would accept but what I wanted to retain (i.e. occasional track focus but MUST be road-driveable) and how I wanted to to behave, especially at and past the limits. He turnrd that into science and numbers and delivered exactly what we discussed. :D

yeah they are the bits I dont know at the minute, I know what I want to use the car for and I would want the slight understear setup as im still a novice on a track but as to what I dont like about the car at the minute I could not say.

All I do know is I dont have the expected levels of grip from the rear end I know that could be a million and one things but most of the bushes have ben changed and the geo has not been done for quite a while.

sorry to hi-jack this thread but does anybody know how much a geo check and setting etc is ? cheer :D

Depends what you class as good, For a professional corner weight and geo setup (8-9 hrs work) ive just been quoted £450 + Vat

IMO the laser alightments at local tyre places are a waste of money, and the last one I had done on a hunter camera system was about £150 for the full geo setup.

Rough guide......

+5 castor, zero toe @ front

1.5mm total toe in at rear IIRC

camber is your choice, if running a very hard sidewall like RE050A then min camber on rear with 1/2 degree more than rear on front. Supra adds plenty as suspension tilts. If you have rock hard suspension you can run a little more camber as it wont add as much due to lack of movement.

Softer sidewall you can use a little more. The castor makes a world of difference to steering response.

Good luck.

Supra came from factory with too little front castor for numptys who steer like they are milking a cow, making it forgiving but like's to swap ends after the first o'clock or so.

I have used the above and it was great, for traction and handling.

Rough guide......

+5 castor, zero toe @ front

1.5mm total toe in at rear IIRC

camber is your choice, if running a very hard sidewall like RE050A then min camber on rear with 1/2 degree more than rear on front. Supra adds plenty as suspension tilts. If you have rock hard suspension you can run a little more camber as it wont add as much due to lack of movement.

Softer sidewall you can use a little more. The castor makes a world of difference to steering response.

Good luck.

Supra came from factory with too little front castor for numptys who steer like they are milking a cow, making it forgiving but like's to swap ends after the first o'clock or so.

I have used the above and it was great, for traction and handling.

Cheers, thats going to be really useful :)