The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Our NA Has Done Me Proud!!

Holden1989

Well, tonight i had to make a trip up to Leicester to pick my new wheels up from Keron

125 miles each way and it made it with £30 of petrol :)

I can even walk after spending 5 hours in (and briefly out) the car

And i even fitted a full set of UK wheels in there (with kerons help and advice) :D

Thought i would share to encourage a bit of NA lovin' :hug:

250 miles on £30 thats superb I happy with 250 from a tank :D

Tell me about it, it was a nice change to not drive the tt and be stopping 3 times in a journey :D

Pics of the New Wheels?

Pics will no doubt be coming at the weekend, swapped the headlights to refurbed ones aswell so want to get a overall pic ;)

250 miles on £30? How on earth did you do that!

Constant speed of 70-80mph, apart from when i bumped into Adnan (i think it was him) when he so lovingly baited me on the M1, i must admit that was the only time i cried for the TT :taped:

It's a bit hard to believe. I get about 250 from a tank

It was constant motorway, M4/M25/M1 with a mile either side

You had 16" wheels on before right?

Yep 16's were on in the beginning, but at the moment its got 16's on the front and 18's in the back, tyres were shot on the 16's so thought might aswell buy a nice set of 17's :)

Congrats, its nice to experience ones car and get decent fuel consumption when just taking it easy.

When I picked up my TT I did Aberdeen to Notts with cruise set at 70mph with the odd burts to over twice that to put a German tailgaiters in their place. Mananged this on 1 tank plus a few sips from a fresh tank (unoticed on fuel gauge) so that probably cost me about £85. Quite happy with that!

So it's your car now then Kayla? :D

Really must get my NA on the road as that's better fuel economy than I get from the Mondeo!

Did you go for the stock 17's in the end? If you did they are going to look a hell of a lot nicer than the 16's, those always look tiny.

Did Rob get the headlights sorted out okay in the end?

So it's your car now then Kayla? :D

Really must get my NA on the road as that's better fuel economy than I get from the Mondeo!

Did you go for the stock 17's in the end? If you did they are going to look a hell of a lot nicer than the 16's, those always look tiny.

Did Rob get the headlights sorted out okay in the end?

No - (near enough) :p I had to drive the TT through slough today, and hated every minute of it :(

Yes - The mondeo is an old mans car!! :p

Yes - They're massive!! Couldnt even get a rear in the boot!

Yes - After lots of swearing and a foul mood all night, lol!

:D

I managed to do 260 miles approx with 2 of my mates on a trip to Santa Pod and only cost about £40 in fuel.

Like Heckler, "never went above 70, no hard acceleration". I used the cruise control and had the A/C on as well (and being boring, checked my tyre pressures, lol) . It's odd, but nice considering it's an Auto TT.:D

But when its driven on short trips/ locally, it drinks fuel, lol.

Edited by GreaseMonkey (see edit history)

I managed to do 260 miles approx with 2 of my mates on a trip to Santa Pod and only cost about £40 in fuel.

Like Heckler, "never went above 70, no hard acceleration". I used the cruise control and had the A/C on as well (and being boring, checked my tyre pressures, lol) . It's odd, but nice considering it's an Auto TT.:D

But when its driven on short trips/ locally, it drinks fuel, lol.

same here, if i go less then ten miles, my fuel meter goes limp lol