The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Celica faced widebody project

Guest blueangel

Guest blueangel

Ok well i had this idea well over a year ago and this was the reason i sold the blue and white car.

I really wanted to give the supra a facelift and the backend too but thats a diff story not for now lol.

Anyway im usinf gen7 celica headlights for the job and aftermarket ones fit the bill very nicely.Anyway ive had to make some templates of the lights so i can position them on the car before i take an angle grinder to the front lol.

Well tonight i made the templates and here they are mocked up on the car hopefully over the next couple of weeks it will all start to come together.

on these later pix the black lines near the lights are mockups for a vent on each side to feed the induction kit.

Just thought id show you guys what im up to lol:p

light unit in

Edited by blueangel (see edit history)

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest blueangel

lol there has actually been a supra with the gen7 headlights in too but the frontend was completly made to look like a big celica and as far as i know thats the only other one.

Guest blueangel
Are you going to extend them where that pen line seems to show, bit like 996 headlights, that would add an interesting twist

The pen lines will be vents which i will add pipework straight to the air filter try get some cold air in.

Guest blueangel

:p

Good luck with it mate should look good when its finished!! ;)

Just not too sure if you will be able to see anything out of those wing mirrors they are tiny :D

lol they started out as Gsxr mirrors lol its defo gonna be marmite lol but thats the way i like it lol :p

I think it'll look something like a Nissan 350z with those lights and should look pretty cool :)

The one in the pic above (white) with the Celica front end though.............Why? Why not just get a Celica? Of all the kits you could get to "improve" the look of the front end of the car and he uses the stock front end of a celica?

Peter

Guest blueangel
that front looks very low.

it is lol not intended thou im running the wrong tyres on the front and the arse end was a little high but ive lowered the rear today and trying to find some new tyres now lol its got 235/30/20's on now and gonna put 255/30/20's on the more upright tyrewall should lift the front a little and if not i'll raise the front coils i think as its now stuck off my drive lol:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...