The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big thanks to all - sale total!!

ellis

Well, the for sale thread seems to have run its course so I think it's time to draw it to a close.

Firstly, a monumental and truly heartfelt thank-you to my anonymous benefactor - without you my friend the car would not be getting repaired to the condition that it will be. Rest assured I shall be making a trip to see you and show you the car you helped to keep on the road. Hopefully it will be back by the end of this week or the beginning of next (with copious amounts of pics to follow!).

Secondly, to all those members who bought parts and pieces, a massive thank-you to you all too - you have all played an instrumental part in putting my car back together again.

All together we appear to have raised £1,218.00 (minus the PayPal fees!) - a truly staggering amount that has allowed the bodyshop to put back in some of the items that we had to remove to meet the insurance company's limit before they would agree to repair it as opposed to writing it off. I saw it again today and it is looking superb! We took the decision to respray the whole car in the end - as opposed to just doing the many damaged areas that were being sprayed anyway - as the more they went round the car, the more brick marks they found and scratched areas from either belt buckles as they leant in the car or whatever else they used to gain entry. Also decided to change the colour slightly to a Honda Pewter Grey (NH537M) which looks a little darker. I also decided to do this as it also means that they have to spray it properly - choosing the same colour would mean they 'might' miss some areas - something they can't do if the colour is slightly darker - method in my madness!!

So again, thank you to everybody who helped by either buying or by PMing me kind words of support - it has rekindled my faith in humanity - and, of course, a massive thank-you to Mr Anonymous. :)

Can someone explain this thread must off missed this one

His car got trashed and the insurance wasn't going to cover it. An anonymous member of the club offered lots of aftermarket parts to go on auction with the proceeds going to Ellis to help fund repairing his car (as the donor was going single IIRC). The bodyshop kept the quote low enough for the insurance to pay for the fix & the proceeds from the sales were put towards putting the rest right.

There was a massive "for sale" thread :)