The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which oil cooler for J-spec?

bodilx6

I need an oilcooler for my bpu 93 manual j-spec as I keep running hot when doing 120+ on the autobahn or ½ way around the Ring, that I visit a couple of times a year.

I value reliablilty the highest (MUST not suddenly leak, there for fittings and connection points must be top qual). Then fitting and looks/brand the lowest.

It must be controlled by a thermostat as my car is a DD in the city so oil temp must rise quickly.

Also, I'm currently running a Greddy oil temp gauge and must in some way be able to fit my sensor, perferably in the sadwichplate (where it is now) but I'n not sure how this is possible with a plate with oil cooler fittings.

Currently I'm using this:

32-1100_l.jpg

Looks good. Will the small 16 row be enough to keep my cool for quick autobahn stints? (now, it runs 130c+ after 5 min of 130mph+)

I don't do long track sessions. Mainly just a single lap of the ring as a max, so it should just keep the oil at optimum temp for 10 minutes at a time or so.

With fittings, are they direct fit into the engine bay of the jza80, battery side or do I need to drill/fabricate anything?

Looks good. Will the small 16 row be enough to keep my cool for quick autobahn stints? (now, it runs 130c+ after 5 min of 130mph+)

I don't do long track sessions. Mainly just a single lap of the ring as a max, so it should just keep the oil at optimum temp for 10 minutes at a time or so.

With fittings, are they direct fit into the engine bay of the jza80, battery side or do I need to drill/fabricate anything?

Bigger the better in this situation normally.

The kits I supply, you will need to cut the hose to length and make brackets for mounting the coolers, very easy for anyone with a garage.

Ta

I need an oilcooler for my bpu 93 manual j-spec as I keep running hot when doing 120+ on the autobahn or ½ way around the Ring, that I visit a couple of times a year.

I value reliablilty the highest (MUST not suddenly leak, there for fittings and connection points must be top qual). Then fitting and looks/brand the lowest.

It must be controlled by a thermostat as my car is a DD in the city so oil temp must rise quickly.

Also, I'm currently running a Greddy oil temp gauge and must in some way be able to fit my sensor, perferably in the sadwichplate (where it is now) but I'n not sure how this is possible with a plate with oil cooler fittings.

Currently I'm using this:

Hi, i Use a mocal setup in my conversions with a 16row mocal oil cooler and a mocal thermostatically controled sandwich plate, but like you said if your running a oil temp gauge there are 2 ways of doing it, 1. using a sandwhich plate with cooler takeoffs and and a inline thermostat on the pipework. or taking the temp from the oil pressure sender ect... or 3 drill and tap the thermostatic plate and plum your sensor into that.

The standard thermostatic setup normally costs me around £180

and if your running an inline thermostat will cost around £220 thats including pipes, connectors, clips. all you should need to buy is a new oil filter (recommended):rolleyes:

You could fit a larger cooler, but it all depends on if you have space to. you could either locate it behind the passenger side bumper vent (where the indicator is) or in the middle behind your fmic if you have one if your have a large bumper and if it wont fit anywhere else.

Hi, i Use a mocal setup in my conversions with a 16row mocal oil cooler and a mocal thermostatically controled sandwich plate, but like you said if your running a oil temp gauge there are 2 ways of doing it, 1. using a sandwhich plate with cooler takeoffs and and a inline thermostat on the pipework. or taking the temp from the oil pressure sender ect... or 3 drill and tap the thermostatic plate and plum your sensor into that.

The standard thermostatic setup normally costs me around £180

and if your running an inline thermostat will cost around £220 thats including pipes, connectors, clips. all you should need to buy is a new oil filter (recommended):rolleyes:

You could fit a larger cooler, but it all depends on if you have space to. you could either locate it behind the passenger side bumper vent (where the indicator is) or in the middle behind your fmic if you have one if your have a large bumper and if it wont fit anywhere else.

They dont work properly behind the FMIC, needs to be in direct airflow.

I used the HKS R Type Oil Cooler, the kit is specifically designed to fit the JZ80 Supra in LH side bumper opening, the quality of the components is very good.

So do/did I - worked really well, but it's not compatible with a Greddy 3-row, so I swapped in a Mocal 110 x 25 row in there. Bit of a compromise since there is less surface area, but better than nothing.

I used the HKS R Type Oil Cooler, the kit is specifically designed to fit the JZ80 Supra in LH side bumper opening, the quality of the components is very good.

Hey Nic, good to see you here. Been some time :)

I have also been recommended this kit from a couple of HKS-feliacs here in DK. But it is like 700£ or something. Thats quite a difference, but I like the idea of quality and fitting but not so much the price for the brand :(

By the way, can you still supply the HIDs? I need some for my fogs that'll match the 6500k I got from you for my low beam.

Thanks, keep em comming :-)

I have also been recommended this kit from a couple of HKS-feliacs here in DK. But it is like 700£ or something. Thats quite a difference, but I like the idea of quality and fitting but not so much the price for the brand :(

Yeah not exactly cheap, but it is a complete kit with all fitting included specifically to fit the Supra. Mine was on my car for 7 years and no problems throughout that time, so quality is good.

By the way, can you still supply the HIDs? I need some for my fogs that'll match the 6500k I got from you for my low beam.

Sorry I'm not trading at the moment, it'll be another couple of months or so until I am able to again, I'll be able to supply the same kit then if still needed.

a98pmalcolm - please use a spell checker and a check what you have written makes sense!

I asked in another thread of yours and again here you demonstrate a complete lack of interest in posting correctly spelt words.

The more effort you put into posting the more effort other members will put into replying!