The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New chap after a supra and some help!

Guest foggy1

Hi everybody,

Ive had a snoop around the forums for a few days and it seems a relaxed and close knit community so i thought id come and join you all!

Im currently in the process of selling my mx5(a bit gay i know but it goes around corners quicker than most things and nothing else ive driven has been half as much fun).

Anyway ive been looking for a practical car :rolleyes: for the last few months as i kitesurf and need something i can fit my gear in,at first i was looking at 3 series,audi A3s and generally quite boring cars that did nothing for me,then i went in a dealership to have a look at a civic type r and spotted a supra,i did a little research and was blown away by the performance stats and now im on the hunt for my first supra!

I want a twin turbo and dont mind auto or manual,i only have about 5000-6000 maximum to spend which isnt a big budget i realise but hey what else can you get for the money thats as quick and looks as good?

Ive seen the saying BPU on a few adverts and i assume its a modification to the ECU but not sure?Something to do with a remap maybe?

Anyway thanks alot for reading and any help with looking for a car is greatly apreciated!

Welcome.

The Supra Twin Turbo is a fine choice of car. With the rear seat down its becomes quite spacious for getting things in the back.

£5-6K is enough to source a resonably priced relatively unmolested jap import spec twin turbo. I would aim to buy privately, ideally take a look within the classifieds of this forum and possibly contact Jurgen of JM Imports (in our traders section). I'd be looking for an unmolested car, ideally with few owners and a decent service history that sounds and drives tight.

Thanks alot for the help folks,ive just seen the most recent one on pistonheads,says it was a cat d write off repaired,any idea if its someone off the forums car?Id always be worried buying something thats been in a shunt.

How much are cat bypass pipes?I think itll be the first mod when i eventually get my hands on a supra!

Thanks again.

Come and have a look at mine if you like. The advert is on here somewhere. I still haven't had chance to replace the doorcard or even hoover it yet. Am still trying to track down the cause of the intermittant idle/hesitation problem it has. I'm probably quite local to you though if you just wanted to have a look. I need to sell it but I haven't actually put the time aside to sell it yet.

I will be removing the FCD from it tomorrow to see if that cures the idling problem.

I do have one person interested, but since splitting up with missus and moving into grandma's house I haven't even found my camera for taking pictures, nevermind tidying the car etc.

I'm in Sale. Car is a gunmetal facelift TT auto, well looked after, except for my trip to the tip recently (you'll see in the pictures in for sale thread).

Oh and i need to fit in 2 bags,about the size of a large hiking backpack,and a board 130 centimeters long and about 40 centimeters wide.

Bring your stuff to Sale and we can see if it fits. At least you'll know if it's worth you even looking at a Supra then. I'll take you for a spin too.

Thanks alot for the help folks,ive just seen the most recent one on pistonheads,says it was a cat d write off repaired,any idea if its someone off the forums car?Id always be worried buying something thats been in a shunt.

How much are cat bypass pipes?I think itll be the first mod when i eventually get my hands on a supra!

Thanks again.

£150 or so. Usually comes as two separate pipes so you only have to re-fit one of the CATs to pass the emissions test. My car has both decats fitted.

Cheers matey ill be sure to come and check it out as soon as mines sold and i have the cash in hand.Ill be looking at 6k maximum though sadly as if i go over i wont be able to afford insurance or to run it.

I must say the gun metal is certainly my favourite colour!

Cheers matey ill be sure to come and check it out as soon as mines sold and i have the cash in hand.Ill be looking at 6k maximum though sadly as if i go over i wont be able to afford insurance or to run it.

I must say the gun metal is certainly my favourite colour!

Mine too ;) Give me a shout when you're ready.