The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommendation for new N/A clutch

d-_-b

Some point in the near future i am most likely going to need a new clutch, and i like to do a bit of research before buying anything. Can a few of you reccommend any good clutches for an NA. Wont be doing any kinda track work really this is more just for general use. I am looking at just a stock replacement at the moment, but thought on the off chance there were any nice alternatives, would check.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any suggestions, is appreciated.

• 3 months later...
i think there is a shortage of good clutches for the n/a, trying to buy a clutch for my n/a-t is hard work , and steer well clear of things like xtd and xtr that promise power handeling of 600bhp. 8 psi of boost and a hard change and they slip like durex lube , perthetic.

Try a RPS clutch (not the six puck) the one I had in my old supra held 1.2bar just fine.

dunno about Mr T but when i needed on i was quoted a price by the garage but advised to check eBay and see if i could get the parts.

i found this bloke selling these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-JZA80-3-0i-Imports-None-Turbo-Clutch-Kit_W0QQitemZ230279069247QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item359db3be3f , printed the auction out and took it to the garage who said it was a lot cheaper and the standard part

Basically I got mine done with all this, new clutch + clutch release bearing + fitting for 470 pounds including VAT.

I know someone else on here's local garage wanted 600+ to do the same work.

The garage I went to did 3 hours work at 40 pounds if I read my invoice correctly :)

I only needed the clutch release bearing doing, but thought i'd get a new clutch put in whilst I was getting that changed for the sake of peace of mind :)