The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I dunno what to do...help!!!

Benjy

I've not been on in a while due to lack of internet, and in that time I have been pondering.

I love my Supra to bits, it's only done 60k, I've done pretty much all the cosmetic mods I want, although it needs a bit of a tidy up, and I've now come to a cross roads.

I've taken her off the road as the tax and MOT ran out, and i thought it's the perfect opportunity to tidy her up. In doing so, I cracked my old Primera GT (Which is modified, 200bhp N/A, pretty much track ready with the removal of the interior) and I love driving that too.

So the questions being, do I:-

Sell the Primera, spend the money on tidying up body on the Supe?

Sell the Supra, and spend the money on a GTi-R Turbo and 4x4 conversion for the Primera?

Sell the Primera, spend the money on tidying up the body, and then sell the Supe too, and buy an E55 AMG?

The idea behind the 4x4 turbo conversion for the Primera being that I've seen loadsa Supra's kill Scoobies (which my sister owns - pretty much the only reason I wanna go really fast cos her Scooby is the best car in the world - Apparently!), but I've never seen a Primera badged up as a GT kick the sh!t out of one!

I just dunno what to do. I make my mind up, then I see another Supra and change it back! Help me pleeeeease! :(

Buy a celica 94 on gt4 and keep it toyota.

Prices have dropped alot and a tidy one can be picked up for about £3k plus and good for 300bhp all day long.

Make sure its had a lot of money spent on the suspension though as this will easily set you back £1k per corner ( lower arms, fig 8's etc)

Ive seen standard gt4's at castle coombe and they wee'd all over the scoobies and evo's in the bends.

VVti? really? :) mind sharing a pic of your bay as I havent seen one RHD VVTI n/a in existence yet :)

Not got any pictures of the engine to hand but it's definately VVTi'd. Feels like you've been kicked in the chest when it kicks in now it's got a completely cat free system! :D

Can get some though, next time I go to the lock up.

Not got any pictures of the engine to hand but it's definately VVTi'd. Feels like you've been kicked in the chest when it kicks in now it's got a completely cat free system! :D

Can get some though, next time I go to the lock up.

All NA's do that. ITs weird, my old one use too do that about 5000 rpm you can feel a push and quick rise in power.

I'd be impressed if it was a VVTI as i have nevr heard / seen one either.

I ain't one of the Billy Bullsh!ters that think they've got a 9million bhp out of a 37litre supra that doesn't actually exist. I think Homer has the list of the print out figures.

220.5bhp @ 6200rpm :D

Scooter: You just threw a whole new decision to the mix!!!! lol

I ain't one of the Billy Bullsh!ters that think they've got a 9million bhp out of a 37litre supra that doesn't actually exist. I think Homer has the list of the print out figures.

220.5bhp @ 6200rpm :D

Scooter: You just threw a whole new decision to the mix!!!! lol

Not saying your bull shitting mate id just be interested to see it, its fooled a few in past you see, you'll have VVTI printed somewhere in engine bay i guess, i dont actually know how you tell difference?!?!

I will continue to divert this thread :D

I believed your figure lol

220BHP you see is the output for SZ / SZR models from the normal NA engine, hence why i'm interested for a photo of engine bay. As id expect you to lose a few BHP over the years so in theory you may well have a VVTI....there is method to my madness. :eyebrows:

Well according to the lumpy bumpy VVTI on the cam belt, it's VVTi'd. And Toyota have always supplied any bits and bobs I've ever needed without a problem, so I'm guessing it came outta the factory that way. According to toyota, it's a 1997 car, and it's got the "black pack"? Or something lol

Well according to the lumpy bumpy VVTI on the cam belt, it's VVTi'd. And Toyota have always supplied any bits and bobs I've ever needed without a problem, so I'm guessing it came outta the factory that way. According to toyota, it's a 1997 car, and it's got the "black pack"? Or something lol

Pic of the engine bay would be good, as if it was real and not a transplant yours would be the only one in the UK.