The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bad day ??!!

Lee_e

hey guys just a quick moan really :(

basically i whent to brighton today with my best mate and on the way home, just after dropping him home i was doing 37 in a 30 (no excuse i know ) and an undercover policeman pulled me over and said he stopped me because he was stuggling to keep up :blink:

At this moment i immediatley turned on my innocent face and went about apologising to everything he said lol he gave me a slap on the wrist which is fine and very kind of him.

only 10 minutes down the road doing (no lies) 70mph on motorway, as i didnt want to get caught out again :D

My passenger side rear tyre desides to literally explode from the inner side and at this moment i officially shat myself because it was so bad it made me swerve [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

i now have to purchase 2 new rear tyres (drivers side is worn a bit) aswell as pay my car tax aswell as pay my insurance aswell as pay my car loan lol

One thinks i wont have alot of Cash by the end of this [sAD][/sAD]

im going to get some avon zz3's , are they any good ?

cheers guys

on a side note, I've always sworn avon zz3's were excellent, on my last 4 cars they've been great,even running on my supra when it was an NA they were great. but now I have a 2.5TT engine fitted and they just don't seem to be doing the job, my poor old diff is kicking in regularly.

Sorry to hear that chap. As others said, kind of lucky too: 1) no fine from the police and 2) you're not in A&E and the supras not been trailored to a yard as a wreck.

Following from kslb's comment about Falken 452s, I agree that they're a good tyre at a good price. I had to get some new tyres today, but alas they've stopped making the 452s in stock 16 size. :(

PS Whereabouts in Southwater do you live? I lived just behind the Cock Inn for about 22 years (grew up there). :)