The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel economy question

Kaamos

Hi there..... I know this question has been asked many times but I was wondering..... I've been driving my auto TT as a daily car for about 4months now, recording mileages and fuel tanks, and the figures I get seem somewhat different from what i have read or heard here end there.....

Mainly highway :

i can sometimes run about 350miles on a full tank (18.4mpg) at the VERY most 380miles (19.9mpg, my absolute best ever, stabilized @ 80mph with cruise controll) but it's more usually 325-350.... (still driving quietly)

Town dying....I mean... driving :

depending on the traffic, it's more like 250 miles for a full tank (13mpg), the worst having been i80miles (9.4mpg!!! more, if not only traffic jams), still driving gently.

Are this figures normal or is there something i should take care of ?

PS : my aircon is broken at the moment so I'm even not using it

Edited by Kaamos (see edit history)

Hi there..... I know this question has been asked many times but I was wondering..... I've been driving my auto TT as a daily car for about 4months now, recording mileages and fuel tanks, and the figures I get seem somewhat different from what i have read or heard here end there.....

Mainly highway :

i can sometimes run about 350miles on a full tank (18.4mpg) at the VERY most 380miles (19.9mpg, my absolute best ever, stabilized @ 180mph with cruise controll) but it's more usually 325-350.... (still driving quietly)

Town dying....I mean... driving :

depending on the traffic, it's more like 250 miles for a full tank (13mpg), the worst having been 180miles (9.4mpg!!! more, if not only traffic jams), still driving gently.

Are this figures normal or is there something i should take care of ?

PS : my aircon is broken at the moment so I'm even not using it

I'd say your figures were about o.k, especially driving at 180mph!! :blink:

It's been said a lot on here that a new 02 sensor can improve things slightly.

Hoff, thanks I'll try to find out how to clean and maybe eventuelly change the O2 sesnor, I guess there must be some answers around the forum...

Haha Guigsy, is using the cruise control such a bad idea ?

It's an UK spec and I almost always tank at night, filled to the brim i can put 19.02gallons in it and tha maths have been done accordingly

SteveR, very encouraging thank you :)

Matt H & Guigsy, oops, I meant 80 mph not 180... I live in France not Germany :)

Edited by Kaamos (see edit history)

Imi, I wish they were off but I fear they are not..... after having monitored my tanks and mileage for 4 months, the figures I gave are the ones I actually get, therefore my doubts about something going wrong.....

I make a full tank, I drive 220-230 miles, fuel gauge lightens up, 240-245miles I'm at the pump and throw 19gallons in..... there's not that much to calculate

Pls tell me what app that is i'd like it ;)

I have an i phone app too. Its called fuel gauge and it works really well

Driving around in the rush hour my lowest was 16.60 but this summer in Scotland I got 30.48mpg over 327 miles and 30.97 over 210 miles

Clearly faster is cheaper :)

I have an i phone app too. Its called fuel gauge and it works really well

Driving around in the rush hour my lowest was 16.60 but this summer in Scotland I got 30.48mpg over 327 miles and 30.97 over 210 miles

Clearly faster is cheaper :)

i drove to manchester and back. 405miles on one tank in my 1995 jap spec bpu'ed twin turbo auto. cruising about 65-70 with a couple of blasts inbetween also. but it was a whole tank. dammit i miss it now[sAD][/sAD]