The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19" wheels with offset?

Jamesy

Have been offered some 19" wheels, but the widths are a bit weak front 8j rear 9.5j

he said he can do offset of 40 or 20...

..just wondered if they would fill the arches enough and sit quite wide with that kind of offset? i was ideally looking for 19x10.5 rears ....

cheers

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Ok, My new wheels are 19x10 on the rear with a 43 offset.

here is a pic

attachment.php?attachmentid=98860&d=1253642939

Using that morfed tool, comparing my current wheel to your proposed 9.5 with a 40 offset means your outer edge retracts by 3mm (it sits in 3mm more than mine).

It's up to you whether you go down the spacer route. But it's been commented on loads, and the general consensus is that you should really just buy the right size wheel from the off. Spacers are not recommended.

Edit - as for the tyres, I was told I could have had a 265 profile rear on mine, but I went for the 275 as I thought it would give me an element of protection for the rim. But look at the pic, the rear tyre is still stretched, so god knows how stretched a 265 would be.

The stock offset is 50, and I've been told it's best to get as close to this as possible. Offset is not a hard and fast rule, the wheel width has a say in where the wheel will sit obviously.

Have a go with this little doodad and see what I mean.

http://www.morfed.net/wheel-offset-calculator/

Hi mate out of interest would u know the different in where the front would sit between

a 9.5j with 40 offset

to a

8.5j with a 20 offset ??

just heard back from them:

can do 19x9.5 all round with a 40 offset.....how would that look?

worth putting some 25mm spacers at the back for the staggered look?

cheers

That wont look good, backs will be to lame and front wont fit under the arch.

What wheels are you looking at?

My wheels/tyres are:

Front 19 x 8.5 +39 offset , 245/35

Rear 19 x 9.5 +37 offset, 275/30

The rears are just right, they fill up the arch perfectly.

The fronts need to come out further towards the arches, maybe 10 or 15mm I would say. I'm not sure if they would rub when turning though.

Thanx guys. Jamie i'll dig the pic out tonight they are pretty cool

only other option he has for these is:

19x8.5 fronts 40 offset

19x9.5 rear 40 offset.

That'll fit yeah? But still a bit lame widths really no????

That will work and look ok, i think it works out my wheels stick out 11mm further than that front and back for reference.

hey man! send me some pics of the rims and your car to [email protected] and ill photoshop them on for you, try and get some good angles of your car that match the angle of the wheels photo's, just makes it easier and will make the final pic look alot better :D i like them tbh, and coming from the VW world i would say the lowest offset and get stretched tires to make them fit under the arch, but that doesnt seem to be the norm with the jap scene! haha. the rear dish is pretty good!

Jamesy your car will handle like a turd on a stick with 19's on.

Seriously not worth the effort for the end result imo.

As said, your current ones look nicer anyway. If you stick them on, im paying a visit.

cheers dude, i have sen that mentione dpreviously re 19's too :(

was just thinking it would look flair to have some massive wheels, huge dish and lairy offset to set it off....maybe i am going for the wrong image... :innocent:

EDIT: just read that last bit again....before i comment, is that REALLY you in your avatar pic? :D