The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V Scared.... Rolling road day..

scooby_doo_do

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to worry about, if the car is healthy it'll just do it's thing, just make sure you warm the fluids prior to it going on and let it cool afterwards.

Turn off the A/C and any electronic gubbins to get the most out of the car.

Chances are they won't take it up to the redline - most dynos I've been on back off once the power starts to tail off anyway - none have bounced it off the limiter :)

Which rollers are you going on?

Power engineering is where i'm off too..... My freinds got a st170 and they are doing a focus rolling road day so i've been dragged along....

"I mean why would you want to dyno a ST170" - surely it would be err...170bhp... ? lol...but he won't listen...

Anyone know if power engineering are any good ?

Thanks.

Craig..

Originally posted by mcanny

None of my dyno graphs show anything over 7000rpm and most stop around 6500rpm when the power starts to fall off again.

The first one is a worry but it's quite addictive :)

I think the stock ECU's revlimiter is about 6500. Mine goes up to 7100 or so. Some standalone ECU / fully built Supes rev well over 8k! Check out Atomic Fabio's car on the US SF. Thats a monster!

Originally posted by scooby_doo_do

I never go over 6k... Anyone know where abouts the car will redline ?

Ummm...its called a red line as there is a redline on the rev counter... but you'll hit an RPM limit at 7k rpm stock. If you have a MINES ecu you won't have a rev limit...

But any sensible garage will stop before then as it will start to run lean at about 6,500rpm.

Originally posted by Alex Holdroyd

Ummm...its called a red line as there is a redline on the rev counter... but you'll hit an RPM limit at 7k rpm stock.

Erm, isnt it a red band, not really a red line ;) :D. Dont the rev counters go up to 8 with the red band going as far as eight, and doesnt it start at 7,000rpm, so I would have thought you would be ok taking it up to 7,000rpm, but not 8,000rpm, as you are way into the red by then. Im sure I always change gear at 7,000rpm, just where the red line begins to start ?????

Turbo Blew up......

Oh....

Maybe i'll watch what happens with the other car's before i go on....

Another silly question....But....

If someone said to me i was kicking out 350bhp and 210 touque i still would'nt have a clue...

Whats the tourque all about - I mean i know its the pull on the car i guess, but how does that compare to the bhp.. As in, would it be more or less than the bhp reading ?

I think that may be a little confusing...But i think you'll know what i mean...

The Supra is a bit of an exception isnt it for its torque, you dont usually find cars where their torque matches their BHP figure.

But torque is what you feel when you put your foot down, pushing you into the back of your seat. Ideally everyone should worry about torque and not BHP.