The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance company's gone mad

Snowman

Trying to get my car back on the road and just spoke to Directline, the same insurance company I have used for 5 years including the insurance of the Supra with the mods, and they have just said I need to be 25 to insure the car! this is the same car that they insured last year!

Maddness, so on this subject any suggestions for under 25 with mods? Apparently Tesco's are not doing under 25 with mods either!!!!

Help

Originally posted by Snowman

Maddness, so on this subject any suggestions for under 25 with mods? Apparently Tesco's are not doing under 25 with mods either!!!!

Help

I insured last month with Tescos - 24 with mods, it may be because its an SZ but I can't work it out.

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Tescos sucked for me with mods, they wanted 1k£ extra just for wheels and an up to 10% performance increase (cat back exhaust system)

:eek: wheels + my exhaust inc decat (for the future) cost about £250 on the policy.

Just phoned around for quotes myself...got protected fully comp with Bell Direct for the amazing price of £365. Actually would have been £486 if I had gone alone, but adding my partner (female) as named driver reduced it even further! Mind you, I suppose being 50, with a full no claims bonus and living in a low risk area goes along way to keeping cost down!