The mkiv Supra Owners Club

soarer ???????????????

Guest dangerousgte

Guest dangerousgte

any ideas if a soarer would make a good doner engine for my n/a supra its the 2.5 t/t lump got hold of it cheep head gasket has gone so needs a bit of work

Or any one no`s weather i could adapt the 2jz to fit the turbo`s etc obviously i`d have to put a low comp head gasket on. and change the wiring loom just after a bit of advise cheers Ryan [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

I have a 1jz in my supra, its lovely, runs off the 2jzgte ecu. Apparently the wiring is the nightmare part of the install, check both the turbos if you can before you buy though :) also you need to source a 2jzgte rev counter as the Na one won't fit, that was the hardest bit for me to find.

you'll find the 1jz ecu has a tendency to go pop, most users then substitute a 2jz ecu, have a look on supramania for more in depth info. using the 2jz ecu does require changing the ignition system wiring i believe as one is batch firing and the other isn't (which ever way round it is the 2jz way is far better so i'm told). People find the 2jz ecu is alot better, although it does assume its a 3.0 engine rather than 2.5 so slightly overfuels unless you use a s-afc. I've had zero trouble with mine and have been using it daily for 6 months.