yesterday. Ashley Carpenter, 37, targeted the tyres of 548 cars, lorries

and vans parked in Christchurch and Bournemouth, causing damage worth

£250,000.

He launched his one-man campaign after a car nearly knocked him off his

bike and another drenched him by driving through a puddle, Bournemouth

Crown Court heard.

Carpenter, of Walpole Road, Boscombe, in Dorset, left his home on his

bicycle at night in December, 2003, armed with a sharpened screwdriver

and randomly punctured 1,728 tyres as a warning to drivers.

Originally posted by Jake

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=512250

17 April 2004

A cyclist who slashed almost 2,000 car tyres in a 10-day spate of

revenge attacks on "inconsiderate motorists" was jailed for 16......Blah blah blah

Where's 1 of your Piss take captions when I need 1!! The 1 with the time line illustrating you are right up there with the cave men springs comes to mind!:innocent: .........:p

Someone at work got all four tyres slashed by that guy. Total nightmare, because you can't even put a spare on and get it to the tyre place. There was one guy who had all 4 slashed, had them all changed the next day and had all 4 slashed again that night!

Cyclists, who ride bicycles as a means of transport rather than leisure are generally inadauquate people who still live with their Mother, and especially given that he is 37. (god Im starting to sound like Margaret Thatcher)

I remmember she once said if she saw a Man of thirty on a bus she would assume that he had failed in life.

:D

The other thing she said that still makes me laugh was when she wanted to reserve the Fast Lane on Motorways for people who were Managing Directors or those who earn more than 60k a year.

I hate Cyclists, cyclists should use pavements, I hate it when you get upto a set of lights with some smug looking Twat driving a Porsche Boxter and then a stupid cyclist then plonks himself right in front of ya car. aaaaggghhhh

I think we should all go round Bournemouth and run em all over as revenge

:p

Originally posted by Green Peace

Cyclists, who ride bicycles as a means of transport rather than leisure are generally inadauquate people who still live with their Mother, and especially given that he is 37. (god Im starting to sound like Margaret Thatcher)

I remmember she once said if she saw a Man of thirty on a bus she would assume that he had failed in life.

The other thing she said that still makes me laugh was when she wanted to reserve the Fast Lane on Motorways for people who were Managing Directors or those who earn more than 60k a year.

I hate Cyclists, cyclists should use pavements, I hate it when you get upto a set of lights with some smug looking Twat driving a Porsche Boxter and then a stupid cyclist then plonks himself right in front of ya car. aaaaggghhhh

I think we should all go round Bournemouth and run em all over as revenge

I used to cycle 20 miles a day back and forth to work. I had a decent car, aged 23 and didn't live with my mother either. :)

Kept me fit and healthy and with the amount of cars on the road it would only take me about 10 mins longer to do the journey by bike, plus I saved a fortune in petrol costs.

Originally posted by UK_S2000

I used to cycle 20 miles a day back and forth to work. I had a decent car, aged 23 and didn't live with my mother either. :)

Kept me fit and healthy and with the amount of cars on the road it would only take me about 10 mins longer to do the journey by bike, plus I saved a fortune in petrol costs.

Soz its my poor sence of humour, I have a Mountain bike, though its been shut in the shed for several years

I used to love cycling along the towpath of the Thames between Shepperton and Richmond, and I used to go to the Gym.

........Then I started smoking again and bought a Supra and it went downhill from then on.

I seriously used to use the pavement and the towpath, Roads are for cars and I often see cyclists using roads even when there is a cycle path, I really think cycling on a main road is dangerous, especially when there are Supras around he he

Then there are those ones in the West End (the couriers) have they got a screw missing or something, they have total disregard for pedestrians and people who use the roads.

As I said to one of em once who was coming out with loads of shit about Car drivers being arsholes. "whos going to pay for the ambulance that scrapes you off the ground and takes you to hospital. ME the one who smokes and drives a Supra.

Cycle lanes are for cyclists...roads are for cars. (said with a cheeky grin though)

Edited: to say that I am talking about hardcore cyclists the ones that wear the red lycra shorts (that makes ya bum look like two slices of Edam) and those nerdy helmets.