The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Splitter for Front Bumper

TTRickeh

Hey,

Was just wondering if you guys could help. Whilst I like the look of my active spoiler lip it is starting to lose its appeal to me, and I would like something that followed the bumper all the way round. I like the look of the Ridox splitter posted up by 'Anarchy' in this thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=173849&page=7&highlight=Ridox+splitter

Has anyone found anything similar for the stock bumper? I've attached some examples I found to give you and idea. Obviously some are pretty extreme I don't want anything too sticky out that looks like it would chop a pedestrian clean in half.

I know there's a big front bumper/splitter thread but I couldn't find anything in there.

Cheers

Edit: Meant to write front splitter for STOCK front bumper for the title

Cooper splitter.jpg

Cupra touring.jpg

nismo_gt500_1280.jpg

Viper splitter.jpg

Edited by TTRickeh (see edit history)

I imagine you could go for a lip - there's a few available, Amuse one is superb but it's a fortune, there are also cheap ones available on ebay - then add a carbon piece like Paul Whiffin's done with his (his car's in the first page of the thread you've linked) if that's the idea you're after?

I'm not sure I like the Amuse one. I do like the look of Paul's, and want something flat bottomed like that, although i'd like something a little bit more subtle, his is a race car after all :) Was wondering if there was something available off the shelf as I wouldn't really know where to start with mounting it etc. I like the look of the one on the mini I posted the most as it looks reasonably subtle and incorporates quite well. The lip is nice and thick on that one with a rounder edge which is quite nice as well.

There is such a thing as a "universal front splitter" (do a search on google/ebay for that text), I'll try & dig some links out for you. Large flat pieces of carbon/fg that you can fix to the underside of your bumper.

As an example http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Universal-Carbon-Fibre-Front-Splitter-Kit__CMUNSPLT001.aspx

Some will be a thin strip, but some will be a large flat piece, all will require custom installation

Cheers for the links guys. That's the kind of thing i'm looking for, and the tie bars look quite cool. What's concerning me a bit is the stock front bumper, with the rubbery bit, slopes upwards in the middle so i'd either have to do away with that or remove it. I'm not sure if it would look strange with the rubber bit removed and just that lip put on but on the other hand there would be a gap between the rubber bit and the lip if I left it on. I might see if I can get the dimensions and do some mocking up at some point.

What's concerning me a bit is the stock front bumper, with the rubbery bit, slopes upwards in the middle so i'd either have to do away with that or remove it. I'm not sure if it would look strange with the rubber bit removed and just that lip put on but on the other hand there would be a gap between the rubber bit and the lip if I left it on.

That's why I was suggesting the lip bud, I don't think you'd get away with it on the stock bumper as there's too much ground clearance (unless yours is lowered lots). I think you'd need that extra with the lip and then the flat carbon piece attached to it.

Always liked Ewens may not be your taste though.

It does show off fit well. :)

Hmmm not quite my cup of tea unfortunately :(

That's why I was suggesting the lip bud, I don't think you'd get away with it on the stock bumper as there's too much ground clearance (unless yours is lowered lots). I think you'd need that extra with the lip and then the flat carbon piece attached to it.

I get you now. The problem will be finding a lip short enough to be able to add something to the bottom of it and finding a lip and splitter that go well with each other.

I'll buy your active front splitter when you make the change ;)

Don't waste any time do you? I like it :D