N/A fuel consumption

Guest chris080982

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long have you had your car?

I put £45 in mine yesterday, drove frugal from cambridge to southend , left southend with just over half a tank, had a play and got back to cambridge as the red light turned on! So not even 200 miles ish? The car was on red before I put the £45 in also!

The NA is more thirsty than a TT!

I put £45 in mine yesterday, drove frugal from cambridge to southend , left southend with just over half a tank, had a play and got back to cambridge as the red light turned on! So not even 200 miles ish? The car was on red before I put the £45 in also!

WTF?? Really:blink:.

That's about 22 mpg so not that bad if you were driving it home quick.

Mine went from Ipswich to Hockley, then to Basildon, brentwood, todington, santa pod. Then back to hockley then ipswich and I had 13 runs up the strip, Used just under a tank of fuel.

It will do about 32mpg driven steady, I have seen it down to 15mpg though on a hard drive.

Having driven both NA and TTthe TT is definately more thirsty. NO question at all. Though I do drive a little quicker;)

As Andy said give the 02 sensors a clean. Drop them in lemon Juice over night, wash them off and see how that goes. Mr T does them new for around £100. If Nic were available he was doing them for around £70.

A full tank got me from Glasgow to Newcastle and back before the fuel light came on again, so including driving around Newcastle about 350 miles.

On the other hand in my previous job, come the Friday my fuel light would be on so I would stick a tenner in and by the time I was returning home from work the fuel light would be on again so roughly 35 miles :blink:

Im getting about 90-100 miles for 30 quid in my new manual NA (99% Motorway at 70-80mph)

Decat, big exhaust, stupid air filter and power boost valve...

Going to get it serviced and o2 sensors cleaned next month, fingers crossed I see an improvement

Power boost valve:blink:

Are they not alot of sh!te?