The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1.2 bar. Finally.

hoff

When I went NA-TT I went straight to BPU but was only reaching 1 bar of boost. Today though I installed my EVC 5 that I got of Smarty (thanks mate:)). After a little play with it to get the baseline boost etc it was set to 1.2 bar.

All I can say is wow. That 0.2 bar makes such a massive differance. The car feels more torquey lower down and boost seems to come on quicker. And when it does the car just pulls. The acceleration is so much better. It's like a differant car again.

Love it:)

I cant wait to get 1.2 again im only reaching 1.1 as im gettin fuel cut at 1.2 my fcd needs tweaked just need to find someone to do it. Your right enough though its a massive difference the car is a lot more lively at 1.2. I dread to think what 1.5bar would be like on a decent single!

Enjoy:)

go the hoff man :cool:

Thank you very much, enjoy I am;)

Glad you got it sorted mate, i was having a read of the manual trying to work out the connections for the stock turbos :D

Enjoy :)

Thanks Steve. It was just the way I'd plumbed it in that was causing the headache before. Got that sorted, worked out how to reset it and roberts your fathers brother:)

I cant wait to get 1.2 again im only reaching 1.1 as im gettin fuel cut at 1.2 my fcd needs tweaked just need to find someone to do it. Your right enough though its a massive difference the car is a lot more lively at 1.2. I dread to think what 1.5bar would be like on a decent single!

The differance is far bigger than I expected. I had been a passenger in 1.2 bar supras before but the feeling from driving one is better than I imagined:)

Are you on a 5 speed box?

Nice one btw, I need a first decat and I *should* be to BPU spec :)

Cheers dude. My NA before the conversion was auto. I got myself a TT breaker and took the TT autobox , proshaft and diff from that:)

I did make a little mistake the 1st run down the bypass though when setting it up. Not reading the instructions fully I hit 1.64 bar:blink: Yes it went very well but thankfully it was just for a split second so hopefully I got away with it.:rolleyes: Everything seems fine though.

I cant wait to get down the drag strip again. It may have to be a full weekend at Japshow Final to take advantage of saturdsay RWYB:eyebrows:

mAkes a massive difference being full bpu eh dude ;)

good times :D

To right mate:d I'm not one for hitting top speeds so much as quick excelleration/pick up. I am very happy with the way the car responds now, I dont see myself trying to go ay further with engine mods for the forseeable (sp?) future:)

Cheers dude. My NA before the conversion was auto. I got myself a TT breaker and took the TT autobox , proshaft and diff from that:)

Ah ok cool! Everything safe then!

I'm a bit dubious of that 1st cat as I'm on the 5 speed manual and it seems too many are suffering at BPU :(

Ah ok cool! Everything safe then!

I'm a bit dubious of that 1st cat as I'm on the 5 speed manual and it seems too many are suffering at BPU :(

Ah right. TBH I can't really comment. From reading though it may depend on the individual box:search: But if you do destroy a 5 speed, if you can find one you should be able to pick them up quite cheap. Obviously that's far from an ideal soloution though.

I can test it for you if you want:innocent:

Glad you got it sorted mate

Cheers Jamie:) I have a week off after this week so I'll proably be over to see you and Jamie one day like we said. You can take her out for a spin willingly:) Jamie can have a look at those clocks:run::D