The mkiv Supra Owners Club

took some time out from the project to help bossco out

hodge

hey guys and girls

I took some time away from the project to do abit of work on bosscos car.

Abit of engine blingage and fitted a TRD bonnet.

When he bought the bonnet he was told there was no way you could fit the bonnet with a polished fan shroud as theres not enough room. Well that was a challange I couldnt pass up.

So after 5 hrs, a bit of shiney love and some delicate fibreglass polishing and cutting it fits a dream.

No way it would fit they said lol I beg to differ;)

Oh the vents do have covers for the underside to protect from the elements but I wanted to see it without 1st lol.

it does look great to be fair and the aerocatches look a stock fit ive done a hell of a job without blowing my own trumpet of course lol:p

That looks excellent. Ive fallen in love with the trd bonnet and that has sold it to me. When you say it has covers for the underside do these just clip on and did you fabricate these yourself. I was thinking clear perspex so everything is on view all year round :cool:

Again top work :drool:

One more thing where is the bonnet from is it an original or replica?

It is a replica but I've no idea who made it. I bought it from a member on here last year. Unfortunatley he didnt know who made it either. As far as replicas go this is very good. If I had a stock engine bay then it would have went on without issue.

The covers came with the bonnet and so far as I know they come with most replicas and all originals. They screw into the underside of the vents.

Edited by Bossco (see edit history)

It is a replica but I've no idea who made it. I bought it from a member on here last year. Unfortunatley he didnt know who made it either. As far as replicas go this is very good. If I had a stock engine bay then it would have went on without issue.

The covers came with the bonnet and so far as I know they come with most replicas and all originals. They screw into the underside of the vents.

Cool cheers mate. Sorry for all the questions but it is it fibreglass or carbon fibre. Also is there an issue with the hydrolic bonnet lifters, ive see you got these fitted and didn't know whether the bonnet could handle the stress they put on. Im sure I read somewhere that the lifters could possibly tear through the fibreglass/ carbon fibre (hope that made sense :blink:)

lol. The wiper arms had a carbon fibre vinyal on them but it starting to peal off.

The bonnet is fibre glass but the struts I have fitted are not strong enough to hold the bonnets weight. They have only been on a few hours so I cant really help you out with regards to them causing any damage.

Is it an optical illusion or is the strut brace higher at the drivers side than passengers?

Cuscos do look abit like that as it has a different bend at 1 side to clear the plenum but its flat lol.

Im not a lover to be honest, its a bit gappy around the sides and the front doesnt look tight to me. looks a bit flimsy if you floored it, the catches look ok though

Its far from flimsy seems its heavier than a stock j-spec and much stiffer.

lol im really blurry eyed with tiredness at the moment, i thought bosco had put his name on the battery lmao.

No thats called punch drunk joe lmao.