The mkiv Supra Owners Club

camber positions

hodge

I worry bout the people who work in there, I went in for some 8mm vacuum tube and taking his advice he sold me 4mm telling me that it would stretch to 8mm and that there was no such thing as 8mm vacuum tube,

After 30 seconds on the net I realised he had took me for a ride

Dont know about the settings for fast road / track. I had a set of Falken 452's fitted yesterday and the geometry set to within spec. It feels so much better than before as I never felt confident in pushing the car.

Cost me £160, but well worth the money IMO. Better be careful now :eyebrows:

Elite in Rainham :thumbs:

If I can, I'll post up the pics of the before and after printout.

• 4 weeks later...
hi guys

the supra had the geometry set at the weekend the guy who set it told me for a fast road/track setup he would set it a degree out as in the bottom of the wheels kicked out a degree does this sound right to you as he seemed abit of a bull sh%§er.

Thanks

John

Yes you would put as much negative camber into the car as possible. (Negative camber is as you describe, the top of the wheel further towards the car centreline than the bottom of the wheel).

However.... It's not as simple as just banging a load of camber and settling for that. As you adjust the camber he would also need to adjust the toe as well.

Both of which can drastically improve / reduce performance.

Before and after printout of geometry setup. Feels much better now.

That's a fairly aggressive setup there for the road. Do you find the rear end tramlines badly? I'm getting this with a not dissimilar rear geometry. Also interested to know how your inner edges hold out front and rear.

Have no idea what you use your car for, so just assuming its a road car.

That camber seems a little uneven. Are all your 'Fast roads' right handers?

Well, this was actually done by a..hmmm..very highly acclaimed guy. The differences from side to side was set to counter the most roads having a bit of an angle towads the side. This should reduce tire wear. I'm in Denmark, so UK cars should be set up mirrored right/left