The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice... Think we have to sell supra and family car :(

TRACIE_LOU

With finances stretched i think i am going to have to sell my supra :(

And we are seriously thinking of selling the family honda FRV 07 plate.... For 2 smaller run around cars...

Alot of you have seen the supra at shows and i have pics in my garage. i will upload more just need to go and take some of both cars see what interest there is.... OR more to the point what i roughly could ask for....We need the money but i love it so much can't give it away :(

Ideally would like £5k for supra... it has a few stone chips as expected and a scrape on the front bumper done we believe by a neighbour.... nobody has owned up tho.... will take a pic this afternoon to show you..

Never thought it would come to this but hopefully oneday i can get another :(:(

supra mileage.... 73k

FRV...mileage.. 36k..blue/grey...diesel...6 seats

|Let me know nicely what i have failed to miss out

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a very nice looking car, and is no doubt worth more to you than you can get.

I sold my old supra (now mark newmans car) and I regret it to this day. I've now got another supra, but I miss my old red one, I've spent an obcsene amount of money on my new one to get it even close to the standard of my old one. Your one is clearly a very special car and a one off at that. If I were you, I'd do everything I could to keep it.

Thats the sad thing we have been, we have put alot into the car and the thought of selling is shocking but i don't think we have much choice now.... Also i don't work due to illness and children so relying on Tony to cover it all is just getting too stretched i can't be selfish when it comes to family etc..

So decision i guess is yes its up for sale will do pics and proper for sale thread tonight....

Next question we need to go for 2 smaller cars but children are an issue ..... What cars if any have 3 seatbelts in the back??? and have room budget will be 5K ish we think once both cars sold couple bills paid etc.

When I was made redundant I put the Supra up for sale without a seconds though regardless of how much I loved it, family and bills come first if money is tight

Some peoples life and soul are in their cars though. I wouldn't sell mine simply because of the money, time and effort that has gone into it. I'd never get the 100k back from it, nor the 4 years of ball ache. I'd hate to see so much of what i have worked for for 4 years go for next to nothing.

If needs must though, luckily for me i've always got something to fall back.

Some peoples life and soul are in their cars though. I wouldn't sell mine simply because of the money, time and effort that has gone into it. I'd never get the 100k back from it, nor the 4 years of ball ache. I'd hate to see so much of what i have worked for for 4 years go for next to nothing.

If needs must though, luckily for me i've always got something to fall back.

Thats because your not married etc with 5 children between you lol... then see what changes!

Thats the sad thing we have been, we have put alot into the car and the thought of selling is shocking but i don't think we have much choice now.... Also i don't work due to illness and children so relying on Tony to cover it all is just getting too stretched i can't be selfish when it comes to family etc..

Have you been on here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/

Lots of help on there and good ways to save pennies. Might be things you've not thought of that would allow you to keep it.

I sold mine when we bought a house 3 years ago, hoping that I could get another one, but it's looking less and less likely as they'll probably all be scrap by the time we've got enough money to get one again. :(

£5k will get you some pretty good metal. Look at 2004/2005 hatches, something Focus-y sized I would say.

Good on you for putting your family and finances first, i feel sorry for the people that think there is a part of there life in their car :rolleyes:

Its not nice i can assure you and i'm sure others in the same situation would agree.... but lets face it family and finances have to come 1st simple as..As much as i love my supra i love my family more

Good on you for putting your family and finances first, i feel sorry for the people that think there is a part of there life in their car :rolleyes:

I don't think there's a need to feel sorry for people who love their cars. :rolleyes:

I have a small family, a house to run, bills to pay, and I'm scraping the bottom of the barrell at the end of every month. Sure I'd be better off financially without a supra, but I get huge enjoyment out of owning one, some people drink,some do drugs, some gamble, I have a supra, and I love it.

Pity me if you want, you only live once, and you're not here very long. You should enjoy it as much as you can while you're young enough to appreciate it.

Disclaimer - This is not to suggest that my supra gets put before my family. I'd sell it tomorrow in a heartbeat if I really really had too.

Can't you get Mr T to work more overtime? lol

Sorry Tony, I know you work a lot of hours as it is! Can't you downsize the FRV and keep the Supe? Or work part time from home?

I sold mine for similar reasons and still regret it even though it was definately the right thing to do. In fact I may just get an NA to make myself feel better :D