The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pic Request - Matt Black Supra

Holden1989

Thanks for the replies guys,

Dont really care about the re-sale value as we only picked up the NA for 2k so we will proberly keep it til it dies :D

Some seriously mean looking cars in this thread, has definatly made the colour more appealing, the last thing we want is another supra with a expensive paint job!

The car above seems to have a 'quality' paint job done on it.

However, I see quite a few cars such as Saxo's, Corsa's, BMWs and even saw a Rover 75 a few days back all in matt black. In the flesh these car's looked seriously hideous and made my eyes hurt! The finish was crap, no consistency in the matt finish. Unfortunately this is the case with the quality of the matt black cars I have seen.

Personally I think its a horrible, loks like someones gone over their car with a Bosch orbital sander.

Anyone who manages to get a very rare flawless and consistent finish, credit to them and their wallet if they pull it off.

Just a thought. Instead of getting the car sprayed matt black, Why not get it Vinyl wrapped?,

There is a company in Hampshire, just near where I work. It's called RACCOON http://www.raccoon.co.uk/homepage.php.

They had a Demo car at Broadlands Recently which for vinyl looked quite good. There was also a Porsche 911 I saw at the weekend which had been vinyl wrapped in matt black, the joins were bearly visible, it looked awsome IMO.