The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling

supra_si

I love my supra, i really do but i keep getting that niggly feeling that its an old car and i need to grow up at 28.

Only probs is what car can you replace a supra with?

With it living in a kinda posh carpark full of merc brabus's and range rovers i keep getting the feeling that im left behind and i must make amends and buy a newer car, arrhhhhhhh the pressures of society

only thing is the car i am looking at (porker) will cost me an extra 9 k ontop of what ever i get for the supe if im lucky. is it justified to get a car with more or less the same power.

You could always move to a less affluent area, then you'd not be surrounded by posh cars.

Alternatively, you could stop being so shallow, live your own life and not worry about what the ponces next door think. The Supra is still a very capable car, if you sold it and got a Porsche, you'd have to make sure it was the right model otherwise you'd still feel like everyone was sneering at you for 'only' having 'x' model car.

This has been a public service announcement on the behalf of 'Mysanthropes Anoonymous'

:)

I'm 42 mate, and don't feel "TOO" old for a supra !!

At the end of the day i bought the supra for it's looks, never outdates, even if it is 15 years in the making, i get the buzz, when young kids stop in the street and shout "lush car mate" men and women pass and look and can see in their face "nice car"

Those guys in the car park, just a "STATUS THING !!"

At the end of the day are you happy with you're car(excitement/pleasure/affordability) or go for something to keep up with the jones's, and be an extra 9k out of pocket as they say

" the choice is yours ";)

I would not leave my Supra in a car park full of Porsche/Range Rovers as I wouldn't want to show them all up:Pling:

When I see a Porsche or Range Rover driver these days then all I see is a bloke with a shed load of debt.

There are cars on here that have had 60-90k spent on them so that kind of kicks the others to touch IMO.

I would not leave my Supra in a car park full of Porsche/Range Rovers as I wouldn't want to show them all up:Pling:

When I see a Porsche or Range Rover driver these days then all I see is a bloke with a shed load of debt.

There are cars on here that have had 60-90k spent on them so that kind of kicks the others to touch IMO.

Very much so :)

On the other hand, sell it, and then spend a big pile of money on an unsatisfactory car and then we'll see you back here... in about 6 months.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

if you have 9k to spend then spend it on the supe!

You would be foolish to get rid of the supe, especially for a run of the mill status car, spend the 9k on the supe,nice single turbo with al the correct supporting mods, and thats would most def bring a smile to your face, and you'd be safe in the knowledge that your car could own every other one in that car park :)

With it living in a kinda posh carpark full of merc brabus's and range rovers i keep getting the feeling that im left behind and i must make amends and buy a newer car, arrhhhhhhh the pressures of society

That, my friend, is a sure way to be poor, unless you're on a good enough wage to absorb the purchase (ready cash, not finance) of a newish sports car every few years without noticing the drop in your bank balance. :yes:

that 9k could get you a nice small single build, so would put a smile on your face, have some thing to be proud of and once again remind you why you love supras!

thing is you see a lot of people driving round in a porsche and ppl just think prick, yet a supra, being not that known to joe blogs gets more of a "cool" response :)

id say youd have the most posh car in the car park, i find the supra is one of them cars that just dont age, you know your driving something extra special when driving the supra mate, put it this way, which car do you think youd be enjoying the most, a bloody land rover lol or tt supra, i know which id pick any day of the week

It was quite funny a couple of weeks ago, I was driving through Leeds city centre and I had a mate with me who was gobsmacked with the reaction it got from people, nearly every time I stopped at a set of lights I had someone come to the window and ask me about the car..............you wouldn't get that with a range rover ;)