The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SMIC question

hemmjonny

Hi all,

I am in the market for a SMIC for my supra TT BPU++ and i am just wondering what my options are?

CW's SMIC sounds very nice and has very good feedback but need 3 people to get one + they are a bit more than i wanted to spend on one.

Whifbitz SMIC is about what i wanted to spend but not really seen any feedback on them yet.

What other options have i got and where to get them from??

Thanks

Jonathan Hemmings

The only other option is a Greddy one from Japan as far as i know (i'm sure i will be corrected if i'm wrong) and the only person who could get hold of them is Nic and as a lot of people know he's unable to work at the moment :(

If i were you i would go with Whifbitz as Paul wouldnt sell crap ;)

...Cost would be as before, £680 per unit. ETA 4 weeks. Thanks.

Great Chris! I assume then that those of us who received one of your SMICs back in May this year, should be looking forward to receiving a refund of £40? :)

If I get orders and none refundable deposits for four I can do them at 720 each plus 12 quid P&P.

Price of cores has dropped, sorry, volatile market forces :) Estate agents are allegedly getting similar flack ;)

With you saying: "Cost would be as before", I assumed you were referring to the cost back in March this year, rather than as far back as October last year. :)

Looks like I'm as good at picking the right time to buy intercoolers as I am at picking the right time to buy shares.:(

...excellent intercoolers all the same. :D

i have a Miami gt one, and seems a very good smic for bpu.

don't know if this is still in production.

They where made by a company called RadTec (http://www.radtec.co.uk) and can still be purchased from them.

From what I've read it is a deeper SMIC than stock and I've heard that you *may* have trouble fitting the drivers side inner arch panel that sits at the back of the SMIC.

They where made by a company called RadTec (http://www.radtec.co.uk) and can still be purchased from them.

From what I've read it is a deeper SMIC than stock and I've heard that you *may* have trouble fitting the drivers side inner arch panel that sits at the back of the SMIC.

not sure about the size, could be a 2/3 mm depper, but fits nicely and i didn't had any problems.

fitted in 1h30m +-

do a search on the forum as I reviewed the updated Miami gt smic. It's more than adequate for bpu. Pw and cw smic will also do the job. I run cw smic on my single