The mkiv Supra Owners Club

autobox help needed :(

paul_h

As I am completely new to the world of autoboxes can someone explain the oil system on one please, the short story is I bought a supra without an engine and box and have fitted it myself but don’t quite understand the autobox.

Having read a lot of posts about changing the oil etc it appears that if you drain the oil from the sump you would only get about 2L out but the box takes about 9L. The bit I don’t understand is the dipstick, is this measuring the oil level in the sump or the oil level in the box? Can you have oil in the sump but not in the box?

Mine appears to have oil according to the dipstick level but I am having problems with reverse gear, you need to really rev the engine before it moves then it jumps into it and moves ok so I am wondering if there is low oil somewhere.

Sorry for babbling not sure how else to explain :)

paul