The mkiv Supra Owners Club

North West Monthly Meet

_Lynz_

Right ok guys well this is the second month we haven't had a monthly meet. Now granted both months have fallen just after a major event (suprapod last month and JAE this month) but just wondered what the general consensus was.

I spoke to Rob (Dr Doom) and he said he would like to come to the monthly meets but a monday evening is quite rushed, so how does everyone fancy a meet a week on sunday which is the 27th September maybe about 3pm ish.

We could either meet at the Ribble Pilot, the Wiggin Tree or A N Other location further south (M5W TT and Dr Doom need help with this for suggestions as I don't know anywhere).

Views and suggestions welcome ;)

Edited by _Lynz_
wrong date (see edit history)

Right ok guys well this is the second month we haven't had a monthly meet. Now granted both months have fallen just after a major event (suprapod last month and JAE this month) but just wondered what the general consensus was.

I spoke to Rob (Dr Doom) and he said he would like to come to the monthly meets but a monday evening is quite rushed, so how does everyone fancy a meet a week on sunday which is the 26th September maybe about 3pm ish.

We could either meet at the Ribble Pilot, the Wiggin Tree or A N Other location further south (M5W TT and Dr Doom need help with this for suggestions as I don't know anywhere).

Views and suggestions welcome ;)

I can do sat 26TH September but working on the sun 27th its my last sunday for 4 woot woot :)

Cheers

-Ian-

I don't mind Monday night meets as long as they're not too far away because sometimes i don't get home till after 6pm. The Warrington area would be about my limit really. If it was a sunday afternoon meet then i'd be prepared to travel further :) Nice catching up with everyone again at the weekend btw! ;)

Theres a table table pub - the Winick Quay on A49 Warrington just off the M6/M62 junction if the Warrington area is a better mid point for everyone.

The Stretton Fox is nice (By Stockton Heath and M56 junction 10) but has speed bumps By the way, we can't make that Sunday.

:) Stretton Fox is a good call just off the Motorway as on the Island on top of the Motorway lol

There is also carr mill nr St helens overlooking the Carr Mill lake on the A580 east lanks road

Theres another going in the other direction towards manchester a 2 4 1 nr Leigh cant remember the name of the place

Masgrat Manor or the Noggin inn LOL :innocent: might get better service if theres no car meeting there

there must be more in that area i,ll get my thinking cap on lol

Im working that week sun mon tue wed but can make it for 7:00-7:30pm them days and any other too but dont hold out for me peeps

Cheers

-Ian-

Not that I know of.... but then again we had all written it off anyway. Mascrat's number one fan has been MIA of late :p

How severe are the speed bumps at the Stretton Fox? :search:

I dont think the speed bumps are that bad at the Stretton Fox...............but never been over them in the supe

Cheers

-Ian-

Ok well that will be Sunday 18th October how about combining this meet with the illuminations... maybe meeting at the Ribble Pilot about 4pm and then off to the illuminations?

Just think otherwise we may struggle as we will have the pancakes on the 11th and then have to get the illuminations in aswell before the end of november.

Edited by _Lynz_
trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone :) (see edit history)

Ok well that will be Sunday 18th October how about combining this meet with the illuminations... maybe meeting at the Ribble Pilot about 4pm and then off to the illuminations?

Just think otherwise we may struggle as we will have the pancakes on the 11th and then have to get the illuminations in aswell before the end of november.

:( I cant do 18th as ill be having fun on a track in Anglesey :(

Don't give up Lynz. :( I know it can be a pain in the arse to organise one, I believe where I went wrong was trying to pick a date that was good for everyone, rather than stating when the meet will be, and those who want to will turn up regardless.

So just pick a date and see who turns up :)

then try the same for another cracking Christmas do ;)

Mike

Don't give up Lynz. :( I know it can be a pain in the arse to organise one, I believe where I went wrong was trying to pick a date that was good for everyone, rather than stating when the meet will be, and those who want to will turn up regardless.

So just pick a date and see who turns up :)

then try the same for another cracking Christmas do ;)

Mike

Thanks Mike :)

I'm going to look into some places for christmas do's this weekend and then put the options up... god help me :blink: