The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New look interior/ guide

fizzle

This weekend i have been giving my interior a bit of a revamp..

having already done the bluelight conversion, and sprayed the dash panels, i thought the rest of it could do with sprucing up.

Firstly it was a trip up to see keron, to get the black "leatherette" roof lining and accessories.. fairly straight forward removing the old one and replacing, just a bit of swearing and cursing needed to get the new one in position..

Next up was the messy bit, the carpets! having removed the front seats (5 bolts each), rears (pull out), lower trims, centre arm rest and foot rest (auto) the carpet is ready for removal, it is mostly clipped in so easy to remove with a good tug, other clips just need levering with a screwdriver..

Once removed a good hoover is needed, if soiled i would shampoo and clean them first (had done this last week anyway) then off to the garden.. i chose to do this outside due to the stink and mess!

i would recommend rubber gloves for this as get very messy! I filled a sprayer (hairdresser type) with the dye and set to work, testing firstly on the rear mats just in case.

spray the dye liberally across the surface ensuring all area is covered then rub in by hand just to get it right into the fibres, leave to dry (about an hour) i then decided to give a 2nd coat (although wasnt needed) just to be on the safe side.. the longer you can leave them before reinstalling the better, i did mine about an hour later as it was getting dark but the smell was pretty pungent and when i went reconnect my amp this morning the car stank so have sprayed with Oust and left windows open..

Please note this DOES NOT work on the roof lining, i just tried on my old one and the dye doesnt take well at all, so am assuming the visors etc would be the same...

i am extremely pleased with the results and have completely renewed the interior so thought i'd share with all. i was slightly daunted by the whole procedure not being that mechanically minded, or having done anything like this before, and if done wrong or badly would ruin the look of my beloved supe..

I am now almost finished styling the car how i wanted it and would like to thank everyone on the forums for their support and advice, having been a relative n00b to cars (bikes are better:p) i have learnt so much and taken on jobs i would never have tried before, no doubt saving a few pennies along the way, and have a great looking car that i can say was my own handy work!

Cheers guys, take it easy on the n00bs we get there in the end!!

pics....

100_5269.jpg

100_5268.jpg

100_5267.jpg

100_5265.jpg

100_5264.jpg

Edited by fizzle (see edit history)