The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the new (Dutch) guy

Guest lexxy

Hi, i spent about half an hour writing my intro and explaining who i am and why i'm here, but when i hit the submit button i suddenly wasn't logged in anymore, was prompted to login again and lost all of my text :thumbdown:

So, being a bit sour right now, and definately not in the mood to re-write the whole thing, i'll give you a brief summary instead.

- i'm Lexxy, a 26 year-old dj, producer and entrepeneur from amsterdam

- i own a Nissan Skyline R34 GTT

- i don't want it anymore

- i want a supra

- and i'm seriously considering importing an auto mk4 aero top from the UK, have it converted to manual, and add 1 or 2 turbo's if it doesnt have any yet

hope to learn a lot from u guys!

cheers

thanx :) yeah i'm very familiar with pistonheads, i'm with the dutch Skyline Club and we always keep an eye on pistonheads to keep potential owners from buying crappy examples ;)

from what i've heard there is no such thing as RHD manual aero TT's? there are some LHD's of those for sale in holland but they're all wayyyy overpriced..i'm talking 28K+ (in euros that is) so i figured my plan would be a much more affordable option. i have about 13k to spend in total so i think that should do the job as well 8)

i've seen the black aero tt manual for sale here (forgot his name). looks interesting, but somehow i can't reply in that thread :s

Edited by lexxy (see edit history)

Hi Lexxy. Welcome.

Make sure you tick the "remember me" box when you log in mate. It'll log you out otherwise and cause the problems you experienced. :)

yeah did that, but i still can't reply in classifieds threads...prolly have to wait till i have an x amount of posts? i guess i'll start spamming then :eyebrows:

edit: ok just found out i need to be a paid member to be able to reply in the classifieds threads? oh well, thank god for PM then :)

already saw a thread about auto -> manual 6 + tt conversions being offered, perfect timing :D now i first need to find the right car...

yeah did that, but i still can't reply in classifieds threads...prolly have to wait till i have an x amount of posts? i guess i'll start spamming then :eyebrows:

Have you paid your £10 membership fee? :)

Welcome, I love Amsterdam. It's my favourite city (until the morning after!).

If I was to drive my Supra (and a couple of other modified cars) to Amsterdam do you know somewhere safe we could park our cars? It needs to be somewhere with no speedbumps at all... ;)

If I was to drive my Supra (and a couple of other modified cars) to Amsterdam do you know somewhere safe we could park our cars? It needs to be somewhere with no speedbumps at all... ;)

lol amsterdam is speedbumpsville all over. best option would be to park them in a business area called Amsterdam Sloterdijk and hop onto the train at the Sloterdijk trainstation, which will bring you to Amsterdam Central Station within 3 minutes, and those go all night long. And of course don't forget to let me know when u & ur supra crew will be heading this way :D supras (and skylines) are very rare over here so must be a great sight for me. i've only seen 1 supra and 1 skyline (apart from my own of course) 'in the wild' over here, ever...

cheers u guys and lol MrDriver sell it to me :D

btw i think i'm interested in duffman's black aero TT.. anyone familiar with the car (and it's condition)?

i sent him a pm but he hasn't replied (yet)..

lol yeah sure i'll put some up as soon as i get home. not much to see tho, it's a stock black pearl GTT, and i really mean STOCK down to the wheels. it even still has the UK plates lol.

i haven't had much time doing anything on it since it's been at a bogus skyline tuner for the past 7 months for a simple treatment that should take 2 to 4 weeks at most :banghead: but that's a whole different story i don't want to get into right now, too depressing.

ok so here they are, just a few. haven't got the chance to make that many pics yet due to the mentioned above..

On the ferry from the island to the continent

getting some work done

at Time Attack in Zandvoort:

trying on some new shoes (R34 GTR wheels)

after months of arguing, fighting, and threatning i finally got the workshop to sign a contract wherein he commits to getting my skyline ready and running by october 2nd..let's hope he'll keep his word this time. And then let's hope i persuade myself to actually sell it lol. I've never driven a Supra yet, maybe doing that soon would help but they are pretty damn rare over here. There's a bunch of automatich n/a's but i don't expect those to be comparable to TT's, which is what i'm after.

by the way..i hear the rigidity of aero's is pretty poor, hence they're almost never seen on tracks. i heard it's so poor that when you watch an aero supra driving of a pavement or over a speed bump diagonaly, you could actually see the chassis twist with your bare eyes. is that true? and what are the best options to overcome this. i am kinda used to the rigidity of my skyline and i don't plan on sacrificing that cuz i to me it is kinda important, gives me a safe feel at high speeds hehe

lol yeah i was wondering how it could be that n/a diesels were kicking my ass at traffic light sprints, now i know.

anyway any thoughts to my question regarding the rigidity?