The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone up for a dyno day at Petes (THOR)

Dragonball

Originally posted by Jake

Yeah I'd be up for it.

What do you actually get t one of these days? Is it just a power/torque reading or is there some adjustment to mixture etc included, based on the results?

You will get it adjusted - to what extent i suppose depends on what needs doing - Pete will no doubt come along to tell you at some stage!:thumbs:

Just a small amount of fettling if necessary would be ideal. Obviously the Thor guys can't spend long on each car on one of these group days.

Didn't you blow your last set of turbos on one of these runs though Paul? Bit brave ain'tcha? :tongue:

Originally posted by Jake

Just a small amount of fettling if necessary would be ideal. Obviously the Thor guys can't spend long on each car on one of these group days.

Didn't you blow your last set of turbos on one of these runs though Paul? Bit brave ain'tcha? :tongue:

Been back since then m8 with the hybrids - I dont stay around when they are doing mine! LOL!

When it's time for them to go - thats it!

But THOR do suggest that you check everything is running well before attempting a run oil etc

:eek:

Sat 24th April (Sat only 1/2 day enough for 8 to 10 cars.)

Sat 8th May (will have to fit in an Alpha 166 between 11 and 12)

Sat 5th June (completely free)

Normal Power Run price is £60 incl VAT

Group = 5 or more

With advance group bookings and full payment BEFORE day.

£45 incl VAT

With no advance bookings or prepayment (i.e. you just turn up)

£60 incl VAT

There is not enough time for tuning within the 1/2 hour allotted per car for power runs.

A power run is simply .... get car attached to dyno....perform between 3 and 6 acceleration runs in quick succession allowing you to change boost controller settings (no modifications are made) .... remove car from dyno.

BUT.... if a group book and want some setting up of boost controllers, fuel computers etc (simple piggy back systems) then I can offer tuning at £70/hr incl VAT (normal price is £80+VAT=94/hr)

Most of you will be definitely sorted out within the hour.

This alllows you to run multiple boost settings, NOS, different fueling, tweek fuel pressures etc etc. All datalogged and plotted out for you.

So 25% discount for a Power Run or 25% on the hourly rate for tuning.

Regards

Pete

Please, Please go with June 5th, as I should have my Hybrids on by then, and my car really needs to be dynod and checked.

Pete, Im having Hybrids put on soon after blowing 2 set of stocks. Im really not sure if anything needs adjusting, Im presuming it shouldnt do as you dynod it a little while before and you didnt pick anything up then, but since then I have had some fueling mods done, Walbro, FSE, so any advice you can give would be apppreciated. Both set blew within 100 miles of each other, and first set went around 100 miles after fueling mods. Both sets of turbos blew in completely different ways.

Originally posted by Geezabloke

Oh go on then.......Im in!

Dave :flame Dev

Oh good! A 2 person mini convoy from Kent!

Pete, what's the cost for me getting my fueling on my FSE set up at the same time as this?? I think it's the only thing I haven't had done yet that can be adjusted. Would it be too big a job to fit in with the rest?

Ben..

Right, so it's June 5th

£45 per car, to be PAID IN ADVANCE

Folks who have confirmed for June 5th :

------------------------------

1. Paul E

2 .Jake

3. Paul R

4. Geezabloke

5. Soonto

6. Geezerbloke

------------------------------