The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going to WRC Sales this Sunday to check out Supra's. Are they ok?

Guest wutang200

Guest wutang200

Hi guys,

I've just registered on your site and have come over from the SXOC as I currently own a white Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R tuned to stage 1 powers.

I have a friend who currently drives a 350Z GT who is pretty bored of it and is after buying a Supra TT 6spd. He's spotted a few around the £10k mark at WRC Sales and we're gonna go down and have a look at 3 of them they have in stock.

Has anyone dealt with them before? I've heard they're a dodgy bunch and are linked to KTC.

I'm planning to print off the PDF sticky you guys have about buying a Supra to take with me.

Guest wutang200

Hmm this is exactly the kind of response I was expecting from this dodgy company.

Just to clear up that it's not me that's after buying a Supra but my mate and he doesn't want to buy from a private seller but a trader so that he can trade his car in easily.

One's I was looking at was:

Silver Supra

Another Silver Supra

Sexy White Supra

Hmm this is exactly the kind of response I was expecting from this dodgy company.

Just to clear up that it's not me that's after buying a Supra but my mate and he doesn't want to buy from a private seller but a trader so that he can trade his car in easily.

One's I was looking at was:

Silver Supra

Another Silver Supra

Sexy White Supra

bloody hell they are expensive for what they are right now mate.

as mentioned above Jurgen and Paul Whiff are both traders and importers and have a superb reputation :)

Guest wutang200
I might be tempted by a 350Z if he wants to swap, I'm not spending any money though ;)

(Mine is an auto but the gear lever moves manually and things so it's nearly there, it's possible to move it around more than 6 times with varying results)

Can you PM me the full spec and pics please?

Guest wutang200
Wutang, you agreed to the forum rules by registering. Don't try and circumvent the rules again please.

Sorry mate I didn't realise that was against forum rules.

Guest wutang200

Willl get in touch with J M Imports and Whifbitz tomorrow and see what they can do as I'd definitely feel safer if my mate or even myself bought from them who you guys are vouching for.

Would love to own a Supra myself one day. Always been a big fan of them and love the way they look.

Currently driving around in this:

Would love to own a Supra myself one day. Always been a big fan of them and love the way they look.

Currently driving around in this:

Nice, I think I've seen that for sale on Pistonheads?

The info on my car is linked in my sig, to be honest I probably want something that blends in a bit more now, more of a "Q car" than a "Z" car :)

Fwiw I went to see some imports at Jap Performance UK in Bradford and also went to WRC as they are not far away - stay clear of this lot.

I am convinced that its definately soemthing along the lines of very close friends/family working together with a few sites to sell cars... crap cars!

On the phone Jap Performance were a bit vague but I went up and thought we could discuss further in person etc.. got there and I was treated like crap, cars were crap and overpriced sheds. Also they wanted monies/deposits etc and did not allow a test drive prior to further negotiations etc - WRC were the same.

I ended up getting my car from a forum member via private sale, couldn't hqve got anything better and the whole sale was a delightful experience.

I spend half my life looking at the classifieds. Eventually you suss out who the arseholes are.

Stick around here and wait for a decent members car to crop up. All those dealers adverts I don't even look at anymore. Even if they have a good car once in a while would you really want to suffer their aftersales service??

Too many people cannot be wrong....;)

H.

Guest wutang200

Just called Whifbitz and they said they won't accept 350Z's as a p/x so I've ruled them out. Spoke to Jurgen who said he'll give me a ring when he gets back to the office on Monday to discuss options.