The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone heard of a TRUST exhaust sys?

1 Adam

Hi,

Still running my original exhaust system what was on the car when it was imported. Kinda getting bored of the sweet pur....think its time for a bit more noise and very hopefully a power increase.

I got the car up on the ramps and had a look at the exhaust system. It's a trust exhaust, 4 inch stainless back box pipe but the rest of the system doesn't look special?

Can i decat maybe? Any light on the subect would be cool peeps

Adam

Trust are Greddy I think...

http://www.batlground.com/index.php?content=catalog&category=38

-----FROM LINK------

GReddy TR Power Evolution II

This is an insane full dp-back exhaust kit that utilizes 4" (!!) piping, straight through mufflers, and v-band clamps instead of the typical 2/3-bolt flanges. This special order item takes 4-6 weeks for delivery from Trust (Greddy) Japan, but for the money this is the ultimate exhaust system. This exhaust goes from the pre-cat back. So on big singles, it would go from the turbo DP back.

compatible with: Supra 93-97 TT, Supra 93-97 NA

Yeh definetly BOTH! :D

Decat pipes.....are they like a universal pipes what will fit most systems or do you think I will have to do my homework and find out what model of greddy exhaust it is and then get the pipes to fit that particular system??:conf:

Originally posted by #1 Adam

Hey thanks Stealth. I wonder if it's worth decating or not?? It's very quiet at the moment plus would love a bit more power.

If you decat you'll more than likely need a restricter ring (see CW) to limit the amount of boost now that the system is that much freer flowing.

Unless you can find a friendly MoT tester be prepared to have to refit the cat(s) every year to get a ticket.

If all the above is OK, then go for it :)

Personally, I can't be arsed to mess about fitting and removing the cats every year, and, realistically the number times that I really NEED that extra power over a catted system with a free flowing cat back system I can count on one FINGER :D

If I was into track days or drag racing of course it would be a different matter.

As usuall YMMV ;)