The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Clutch/Vibration Advice Needed

Glosphil

Hi Guys, just had a new clutch fitted to my 6 speed, and the garage inform me there is now juddering and I will need a new flywheel.

I need a bit of advice really, I saw the flywheel when the gearbox was off and it had a couple of burn marks on it, but nothing more than a few microns I'd guess, will it smooth out after a bit with the new clutch? I had no judder at all with the old one.

its a touch less than 500 for a new flywheel aparently, is there another option? resurfacing or a cheaper place than MR T?

The clutch itself is all on the credit card, so could do without the flywheel too as I'm skint.

Will driving it ruin the new clutch?

Cheers for your advice

Phil

I have the exact same problem.

I had the flywheel skimmed when i had the new clutch fitted, But it had hairline cracks in, Was recomened not to fit the clutch without a new flywheel. :taped:

Terrble judder. New fly wheel is the only way i think.

Driving with it juddering shortens the life spane of the clutch is what iv'e been told. Expensive things, Before getting the g-box back off etc

But what can you do ? :search:

Hi Guys, just had a new clutch fitted to my 6 speed, and the garage inform me there is now juddering and I will need a new flywheel.

I need a bit of advice really, I saw the flywheel when the gearbox was off and it had a couple of burn marks on it, but nothing more than a few microns I'd guess, will it smooth out after a bit with the new clutch? I had no judder at all with the old one.

its a touch less than 500 for a new flywheel aparently, is there another option? resurfacing or a cheaper place than MR T?

The clutch itself is all on the credit card, so could do without the flywheel too as I'm skint.

Will driving it ruin the new clutch?

Cheers for your advice

Phil

all these answers should be aimed at the garage that fitted the clutch.

IMH you have paid them good money AND for their "expertise".

it shouldnt happen and they shouldnt have fitted the clutch without consulting you 1st about the flywheel, thats IF they noticed it in the 1st place.

who did you take it to?

Is that the same for the 5 speed?

it shouldnt happen and they shouldnt have fitted the clutch without consulting you 1st about the flywheel, thats IF they noticed it in the 1st place.

who did you take it to?

The car is still with me and Phil has been informed he needs new Dual mass fly wheel, but funds are low for him and he's fully aware of the consequences.

who did you take it to?

The car is still with me and Phil has been informed he needs new Dual mass fly wheel, but funds are low for him and he's fully aware of the consequences.

Just to respond to these both together. Ash is correct and informed me I needed one and might I say he's been great. We had an issue with the parts company delivering the wrong clutch, which left me stranded, Ash drove me all the way home. Great bloke and has gone out of his way for me. This post is no way intended to say otherwise, just looking at options before I call my bank manager haha.

Ok, got a mixture of opinions here. Ash, how bad is the judder, do you think it will bed in like bignums did?

If not, can you order and fit before I get back? I'll call you in a bit.

Judder bad, so new flywheel+bolts+pilot bearing ordered and car will be ready for you Saturday. :)