The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much are you willing to pay for recaro SR

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

No offence intended but this is the second "how much are you willing to pay" thread now and the last one annoyed me a little.

How about "I can get these for £x and need to make y% to make it worth my while doing all the leg work, would £x+y be appealing to any of you?".

You're a business, I understand that you're here to make money but don't make us write your business plans and budgets for you and then charge us for the work ;)

What's your bottom line on these and how many can you get? Same applies to the engine and gearbox conversions, you make it worth our while and we'll fill your container up and both save and generate you some money.

That's fair isn't it?

gearboxes have the prices stated..

the seats well they can cost me upto 500 + but i can get some for 250..landed MY COST..(and am not charging myself freight).

so if people is willing to pay £350 without rails i will buy some pairs.

but there is some as new but they cost well over 700..

am not trying to rip anybody off, but if i bought loads of new ones at 700 and charged 800 and there was no interest..

its not good business by me.

so am doing my research and buying seats to peoples budgets..

ie if i can find some seats in their budgets i will buy them and put in my container.

so i want to get a feel as to what these seats are worth in good conditon to members on here and i if can locate some were there is profit to me and benifit to customer i will buy them..

am not trying to rip anybody off, but if i bought loads of new ones at 700 and charged 800 and there was no interest...

Don't get me wrong here Jurgen, I know you're not the kind of chap to try and take advantage of the punters, quite the opposite. We all know you aren't doing this for charity and have an expensive car to keep happy so nobody would begrudge you some healthy profit, especially when you are doing the hard work on our behalf.

If you can buy them cheap and sell them cheap then you're onto a winner IMO, buying them cheap and selling them for their usual market value in the UK puts you up against other sellers (rare I know) and minimises your chances of quick sales and word of mouth advertising for your services.

I'm sure you'll come up with the right ballpark pricing for these, I just think that it would be nicer if you gave us your all inclusive price based on an average of cheap and slightly more expensive deals in Japan rather than asking us to pick a price and then going with that one if it generates more profit.

While many people would be willing to pay £600 I'm sure those same people would rather pay £350 and spend the other £250 on some other goodies from you.

1st set of seats,,

am guessing they will go for around 30,000 yen,...

so anybody want these for £350 if i get them withing my bid.

http://jmimports.mine.nu:10100/yahoo/trans_parts.php?code=NSZlOTE3ODM2MjAmaHR0cDovL2YwLmF1Y3Rpb25zLmMueWltZy5qcC9pbWcyNjEuYXVjdGlvbnMueWFob28uY28uanAvdXNlcnMvNy8xLzAvNi9hbGZhMTQ2Xzk5LXRodW1iLTEyNTIyMTAyMDM1MDA3NS5qcGc=

new rails are approx £80 or we can try and source second hand rails

with leather seats now going for just around the £300 mark and also you are starting to see 2nd hand wheel sets for around the same a good many people are now actually thinking about their purchases

all my 300 mates told me i was mad to get a supra as they are still high ticket and 3 times the cost of a 300 and this is hogwash the supra is now an affordable toy and theres plenty of deals to be done if the price is right

No offence intended but this is the second "how much are you willing to pay" thread now and the last one annoyed me a little.

How about "I can get these for £x and need to make y% to make it worth my while doing all the leg work, would £x+y be appealing to any of you?".

You're a business, I understand that you're here to make money but don't make us write your business plans and budgets for you and then charge us for the work ;)

What's your bottom line on these and how many can you get? Same applies to the engine and gearbox conversions, you make it worth our while and we'll fill your container up and both save and generate you some money.

That's fair isn't it?

good point

• 1 month later...