The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dave K's old car didn't take long to appear..!!

Havard

I dont see the problem, what did we expect the dealer to do... keep it for himself, sell it at a loss

seller got what he wanted, he even offered the forum a chance after the dealer had offered cash and knowone took it, all seems like fair play to me

I agree its the lack of willingness for buyers to buy privately that continues to suprise me............if ever there was a car that you could have owned for a year 'depreciation free' as a certain car programme used to say then Dave's probably was it.

I dont see the problem, what did we expect the dealer to do... keep it for himself, sell it at a loss

seller got what he wanted, he even offered the forum a chance after the dealer had offered cash and knowone took it, all seems like fair play to me

True..!!

I am just a little shocked that it appears 72 hours or so later and 2K dearer. Although the dealer has every right to sell it at whatever price he thinks he can get for it...!!

H.

i see lots of Supras about now when a couple of years back id never see any.

I'm the opposite, there used to be a few regulars round my way that I'd see about, Supra surj being one of them, then they all dissapeared.

There is one stock black UK spec I see about, but thats it, I don't even think he's in the club.

Most private sellers can't or won't offer finance or a warranty package. If he knocks 500 quid off he's only making 1500 profit. That's not a huge amount, less his operating costs et cetera. Every car forum I have been on has people shouting how cheap a car for sale is, how much profit there is in it, yet it's still for sale weeks later until a "scum" dealer takes it off the vendors hands :)

I too don't see the problem with it. It's a tidy profit, sure, but for that, the dealer carries the risk of buying a car outright without a specific buyer to pass it on to.

I can see why people sell to dealers. Private buyers make the right noises, but when it comes to putting their cash on the counter, there is often a lot of hand-wringing and excuses.

This would have been my perfect NA supra: RSP, stock, very well looked after, local. It's just a shame I already have one, and simply couldn't justify getting another or even swapping it for mine.

• 2 months later...