The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few questions for you clever people please...

Lurch

Hello, I've got these bucket seats in my car..

and was wondering if 1. I can put harnesses on them and 2. Can I get lower sub frames for them...

One more question... What can I do about my brake discs? they are new as you can see and looked good before they started to rust. How can I stop this from happening? Can I paint them?

(I know the disc grooves are the wrong way round, I bought it like it will change them around when I de rust them)

Edited by Lurch (see edit history)

One more question... What can I do about my brake discs? they are new as you can see and looked good before they started to rust. How can I stop this from happening? Can I paint them?

I painted the bell part of the disc with Hammerite barbecue paint in matt black - they look stupid if painted with gloss paint.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&partNumber=363754&langId=-1&cm_mmc=Googlebase-_-Body%20Repair/Other%20Paints-_-Na-_-Hammerite%20Barbecue%20Paint%20Aerosol%20400ml&%24%24tid=8tZtg-gwS4MOVvVYsYU9W3LPKZWlgI_DkFEJ7UuMDPv63yDozmB83YzONbUv77PN

the sub frames that you have look like Cobra ones, these are about as low as you can get without bolting it direct to the floor, you can use harness's ideally you would need a harness bar or you could use the rear seat belt anchor point, dont use any of the front seat anchor points as this is dangerous

Where abouts would a harness bar go? I want to keep the back seats for my son... Ineed to do something though as the seats are so tight against the buckle that its a nightmare to undo them.

Have you got and photos?

i dont think you can use a harness bar and still retain the use of the rear seats

Seeing as the discs are practically new I'd say a rub with a wire brush or wire wool and then clean them with a bit of metheylated spirits or thinners.

Hammerite paints have their own specific thinners for actually thinning the paint but I'd imagine ordinary thinners is acceptable for cleaning the parts.

Then just mask off the swept area of the disc although I'd be painting the grooves also which would make the masking a tad more fiddly.