The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To Spray Or Not TO Spray...

heather1mee

Hey guys!!! ;)

Not been in in a while, any ways here is my story,:)

I am serisoly considering a full respray, because at a recent modified car show it got a few marks i hate now!! im loosing respect for my car when its not immaculate!! :(

Any ways, sugestions would be fab, to respray, white or blue?? I love blue supras, and if i sprayed ti blue it would be getting while wheels, or,:eyebrows:

Would I be best sell my na 6 speed 96, buy a very clean nothing done to it TT, now that the irish market is a buyers market and do it up to my liking???:blink:

any ideas or opinions are welcome!! im stuck.... what to do???:rolleyes::search:

Thanks!!!:p

Heather

You won't get anything back from a re-spray as far as money goes. You are better to get the TT6 and start from there if that is where you want to eventually end up. If you take every car to the extreme while not on the one you wish to settle with it will cost you a LOT of wasted money in the long run.

Cut your losses with the N/A, get yourself your realistic dream car (be it a TT6 or other) and then start from there.

You won't get anything back from a re-spray as far as money goes. You are better to get the TT6 and start from there if that is where you want to eventually end up. If you take every car to the extreme while not on the one you wish to settle with it will cost you a LOT of wasted money in the long run.

Cut your losses with the N/A, get yourself your realistic dream car (be it a TT6 or other) and then start from there.

spot on.:)

Why don't you just buy the TT engine? i am sure that the 6 speed in the facelift n/a is the same as the TT.

that was my plan hence i bought the 6 speed model for future engine upgrade, so thats why i was wondering would i be as well spray the car and eventully work tot he new engine, out of noseyness how much do the TT engines make now??:taped:

thanks claire for your post, i just looking round sprayers now to pick a value for money quality job...:search::innocent:

now... for the colour??:cool:

i know its more expensive spray wise to go to a different colour then white, but would blue be worth the extra €€€€'s???:)

thanks

x:p

Go for black heather, it's the new errrrrrrr black , lol !

What kind of blue were you thinking ? I think the french blue used on the evo 7's is mint or that mazda starry blue thats on one of the cars here for sale is sweet too.

defo some thing like the french blue!! :D with white alloys.... or stick to white car?? suggestions?

heather do what I'm doing, get a 1jz into her with breather mods. Cheap tax and cheap to do :cool:

Rather the 2jz's Kearney ;):p

If i was swapping the engine would i get away with keeping the tax book 3litre n/a?? :rolleyes::innocent:

Think i might stick with white for now....i am still likeing my white, get the ford diamond white is mad white ??:cool:

if you can handle a tt then go for one there are a few uk tt supras for sale and they have all the girly toys in them. did you say your car has 6 speed getrag box in it. i think a na with that box is quite rare

Yes it has the "getreg" (dont know if thats the correct spelling ) gear box, worth 2/3000 euro over here very rare 6 speed in na, thats why i bought that supra so i could turbo it eventully, it has the bottom end engine of a tt too I am led to believe and can with stand high BHP.

"Girly toys" lol can think of a few but not in the car lol:p what girly toys are in a supra!?:p

pbryant_knight, thanks for the paint colour!! i tought the diamond white from ford was one of the best but that sounds good!!;) thank you!!!

uk supras are nicely speced have a look in my garage. i could be wrong but i think there is a lot to change in a na to turbo it like a tt. i think single turbo and even then the head etc has to be changed i would imagine it be much cheaper to just buy a tt. some really knowlegable guys on here should be able to help