The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JASMA Stainless steel exhaust,

Amazing grace

The writing on the exhaust just says Jasm mines that is all I have been told. I am supposed to be getting it fixed tomorrow, or I can have the titanium Blitz for the same price, I liked the idea of the stainless streel as OI would not have to replace it as it would'nt corode. Also it would not be as noisey as the Blitz? I do'nt know what to do now!!

Sheena:innocent:

Just how loud is the Blitz will I upset the neighbours? I have been told that I will not need to decat in order to install the exhaust as its a pain having them replaced at MOT time and also reduce the mile per gallon, I have to watch petrol consumption as the old man is already complaining about the cost, oh what it would be to be rich!!!!

Sheena:D

£450 will get you a nice RSR exhaust - I wont drone on anymore about how lovely this exhaust is (or did I do just that?!)

£500-550 for a Nur

The RSR is superiour in looks, sound, cost and build quality IMHO

For 450 you might as well get a brand new RSR and be the loudest kid on the block (baffle included for old farts)

I keep meaning to take pics of the RSR installed.

Weather being on my side I will do it tomorrow and post them up

There are some on the RSR site but not as usefull as seeing it on a real car in the UK (good excuse to get the camera out and do some other pics too) *easy tiger*

What about getting him to write down what he has and how much, then post it on here before you decide.

OK, it'll be another week maybe till you get it fitted but at least you'll not get skanked :D

I've got the Blitz Nur Spec R, cat back and run without the baffle all the time, a little noisy but just keep low on the revs when approaching home :) Plus there's always the baffle if you want to go 'quite'.

Paul

Mines stainless steel exhaust pipe backbox and the pipe that attaches to the front by the cats at the front between the front wheels, I know that section probably has a name but don't happen to know it, Sorry!!! It is all stainless steel and although it is not the loudest exhaust it does give the engine a lovely low growl, so it suits me fine, well for the moment.Hehehe! :D

I would like to thank you all for your help ans support in this matter, CJ if I was a more patient person I would have had your exhaust, I am my own worst enemy and I could'nt wait for my first mod(well apart from the RLTC that is) Cheers.

Sheena

;)

Thanx Alex,

It was very reasonable as it was second hand , the guy who had it only kept it on his car for 3 months before he upgraded again, so it cost 400 squid, I don't know how much it costs new? will it add any bhp, I really hav'nt a clue but I need to know as I have to declare it to my insurance company!!!!!!!! Do you know???

Sorry about the numpty questions but the guys and gals on this BBS are far more knowledgable than I.:stupid:

Sheena:)

If you haven't replaced any cats then it won't add much power - the noise and look will be the most noticable change.

However when you do de-cat then it will then allow an increase in power that the stock system would have tried to restrict.

........And If its not loud enough to annoy the neighbours, then take the baffle out. If you havent had the cats out, then taking the baffle out shouldn't make it unbearably loud but will give it a nicer growl on your particular exhaust (and you can piut it back in if its too loud)

I took the baffle out on my Blitz Nur and have one decat pipe and it makes most of its niose at higher revs. its not too loud in my street if a start it in the middle of the night.....well I have only had one complaint when I left it idling for 30 mins at 12pm, I wrote him an apologetic letter the next day...and he was fine....

The letter did the trick...as it wasn't really the exhaust that annoyed him, you know the scenario. keepin up with the jones's n all that

:innocent: