The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White or Black

T2 MSW

New wheels have arrived :D

After some initial scepticism over the fitment ive got my new wheels and been checking they fit on the car with the brakes today. I can tell you the fit by a nats wisker it really is close but the most important fact is they fit.

Im now undecided if to leave them white or go with the original plan and get them dont in the chromed shadow black colour.

DSC_1380.jpg

DSC_1383.jpg

DSC_1384.jpg

DSC_1385.jpg

DSC_1386.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New wheels have arrived :D

After some initial scepticism over the fitment ive got my new wheels and been checking they fit on the car with the brakes today. I can tell you the fit by a nats wisker it really is close but the most important fact is they fit.

Im now undecided if to leave them white or go with the original plan and get them dont in the chromed shadow black colour.

Have you tried them on with the calipers?

I reckon dark gunmetal looks the tits, also bronze to.

Have you tried them on with the calipers?

I reckon dark gunmetal looks the tits, also bronze to.

All those pics were with the disks on but no calipers. We had the calipers on yesterday and the clearance to the back of the spokes is massive. Its the clearence from the calliper to the outside of the rim :) its less than 1/4 inch top and bottom but just have to be careful where I put the weights when they are ballanced.

White on black looks good, only problem with white wheels is they dont stay white very long, especially with race pads like you've got!

Yeah thats whats putting me off the white look. For that reason its black all the way really. Agree with the gun metal but been there done that so will give the shadow black a try.

Just need to get the wheels to Ibrar now :eyebrows:

:D That was uncalled for from a man who never paid you for the router.....:innocent: Black car and shadow chrome would be the bollocks mate. Then again, your old wheels were stunning..!!;)

H.

Ahhh should not have reminded me about that, ill be making a claim when i next see ya LOL

Yeah loved the old wheels but R888 in 19" are not a sensible price :(

All those pics were with the disks on but no calipers. We had the calipers on yesterday and the clearance to the back of the spokes is massive. Its the clearence from the calliper to the outside of the rim :) its less than 1/4 inch top and bottom but just have to be careful where I put the weights when they are ballanced.

Marvelouso

Shadow chrome FTW. :thumbs:

I can't believe the calipers fit on there, there simply doesn't look like there's enough space between the rim and the disc :D

Trust me, its mega close like unbelieveable close :D

Any movement of the wheel idependent of the caliper and it will touch. Need to make sure I get some decent spigot rings.

The wheels are incredibly light too. Really impressive.

Trust me, its mega close like unbelieveable close :D

Any movement of the wheel idependent of the caliper and it will touch. Need to make sure I get some decent spigot rings.

The wheels are incredibly light too. Really impressive.

If you corner hard they will hit if they are that close. Same goes for pot-holes, kerb's etc etc.

When stationary it makes no difference. Even braking might see them rub.

I would suggest a few mm spacers.

If you corner hard they will hit if they are that close. Same goes for pot-holes, kerb's etc etc.

How does that work then, I didn't think the caliper assembly moved independantly of the wheel?

I only say, because my UK brakes are incredibly close to my new Rotas on the inner face of the wheel.

How does that work then, I didn't think the caliper assembly moved independantly of the wheel?

It doesn't but your wheel has a lot of give in it. It is afterall only alloy. When your car is sitting stationary the wheels won't be perfectly round.

Your wheel will easily flex a mm or 2 when cornering hard.

Its not the spokes its close to its the outside of the rim. Cant see a rim moving 1/4 inch, a few mm yes but not by that much ??