The mkiv Supra Owners Club

losing interest

dr_jekyll

never thaught id be saying this but im rapidly losing interest in my supe.

i think its partly because it has a cr*p paint job.

im also sick to death of every time i go anywere in it i have idiots in crappy lill saxos and fiestas rite up my ar*e revving the nuts of ther little 4 cylinder heaps

and id love to be able to drive out of my area without leaving most of my bumper on speed humps.

im also board with turbos , the car goes well and sounds great , but i went for a drive in a bmw 540 v8 manual and even though on paper the supe makes more bhp the v8 put me in my seat as soon as i touched the pedal at any rpm .

im so bord with the car at the moment i leave it on my drive and have been taking my work van places.

has any body els completley fell out of love with ther car over night ?

Nope, I actually miss all the cars I've had over the years, each had some charm to them in some form of other even if it was because I hated them due to something or other :)

Like my C-reg mini I had, biggest piece of rotten, full of electrical faults, oil drinking, flintstone bodyshelled car, but it was an absolute giggle at 60mph for the total of the 3 days I owned it.

no

That made me LOL..!!:D

I have had my ups and downs with mine but I have scoured the ads on PH looking for a car that takes my breath away for less than 10K and I can't find any..!!

As for drving enjoyment I am disappointed with the NA but it has given me a good grounding in RWD although I thought it would have challenged me more tbh.

Having a crap paint job will certainly take the smile off your face though. You need to be proud of your car or there is no point looking after it.....;)

H.

has any body els completley fell out of love with ther car over night ?

Yes...

Then i think of it as a long term project.

Then realise theres still so much more i would like from the car.

But then i drive mine every other week so what do i know?

i love mine but i do miss owning a newer car

mind u drive though a tunnel with the roof off and i love it regardless :D

just wish i could find all the rattles

I do miss that and the kick down.

I always compared my supe to the rx7, and there were bits I preferred from both, but ultimately I preferred the rx7 hence I am going back.

i lose interest in mine every now and then for various reasons i dont have a car park space at work so i have a cheap runabout to get me to work because i have to park a distance away on a industrial estate so i cant even drive it to work, i have spent a lot on it and i would still like to get a few things done(when do you say enough is enough) my young son doesnt really fit in the back in his car seat so as a family we dont go out in it we use the wifes mazda6. every time i see a newer car i fancy gettting rid of the sup to get that one, but worst of all a couple of years ago a new housing estate started being built about 500 yards from my house the only built a few houses and due to the credit crunch they stopped building all that is left is loads of large heaps of rubble which just blows constantly over our estate leaving everything covered in dust/rubble my sup is on the drive all day and even with a cover on it still gets stuff on it especially the alloys the dishes are scratched to bits.

I have this quite regular, I find buying something for it helps, just installed the coilovers and theres no way she's going now , can get quite expensive though :D

I think if i didnt have that what would I like to replace it my only option would be an r34 skyline, which for the one i want is still quite pricey so i'll stick with the supra for now!

Lol I get this every other week with the aristo. Considering i bought it because i didn't think a supra would be practical for me and the kids and i wanted to have as much of the best of both worlds as i could. Every week i think of more things i can do to it, then i figure out the cost and its always x amount of thousands to get where i want. However eventually i will have the car i want out of it with all the bells and whistles and i am sure that i will have alot of people saying "you'll never get your money back" but it'll be mine.

That said i'll be looking for a friendly volunteer at JAE to do a size check with the kids to see if they will fit :D

I promise to disinfect them and remove all stickiness and snot first :innocent:

I get my 2 year old in the back with a bit of a kick! Seems to love it in there! She starts going brrruuuummmmm brummmmmmmm :D She does have to go behind the misses (unless she's in the dog house in which she goes in the back! ;) ) as i'm 6'4 and she's got her dads legs :D