The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brake size

Guest danlinacre

Guest danlinacre

hi guys

just looking for some info, im goin to buy a set of alloys for my j spec supra, the supplier said id have no fitting problem with j spec brakes, however im unsure as to the brakes currently fitted which don't look overly big (red supra calipers). Does anybody have pictures or measurments for the uk brakes? as im buying online and wud like peace of mind that their gona fit when they arrive

thanks in advance

danny

Hi Danny,

The larger spec brakes are 4 pot on the front and twin pot on the rear. J-spec brakes are twin pot on the front and single on the back.

If your car has standard or stock wheels on now and you have 16" then you have j-spec brakes if you have 17" stock wheels then your car has the uprated Euro or UK spec barkes.

Most 18" will fit over either uprated Supra brakes or the J-spec, but just to be sure I will get the size of my my Euro spec brakes for you.

I will upload pictures of the different calipers.

The first attached pictures shows both UK and J-spec brakes. The brakes on the right of the picture are the front and back callipers for the UK spec Supras or Euros spec. Some later J-spec cars were upgraded to these so you will have to do a visual comparison. The calliper on the left of the picture is the front J-spec calliper.

The second picture shows my UK specs brakes being fitted.

Disc sizes:

Smaller Spec Brakes

Front 2 pot, with 296mm diameter discs

Rear 1 pot, with 307mm diameter discs

Larger Spec Brakes

Front 4 pot, with 323mm diameter discs

Rear 2 pot, with 324mm diameter discs

Hope this helps

both.jpg

uk spec or Euro.jpg